Frustrated by The total lack of regard - Police will not act

Hi All

Bit of a frustration today which unfortunately is repeated with regular monotony.

Our unit blocks are very close to the shopping centre and station and as a result parking is at a premium. Then to make the matters worse the area in front of this block is larger than 2 car parking spots but not big enough for anything but 3 very small cars. What is means is that when 2 cars park people think that a third car can squeeze in. Unfortunately they end up hanging across the driveway as per the pic

P1010108.jpg

P1010110.jpg

P1010107.jpg

We have left notes, we have verbally abused them, we have sent them on their way (when we catch them just parking).

So today I thought I would call the police to get them booked so at least this person would learn not to park across a driveway.

Well the Police came (I wasn't there at the time) and went without booking them as in his estimation they weren't blocking the driveway. Whatthe

It was actually impossible to turn left and when we left with trailer hitched we had to turn right and go around the block.

Obviously I sppoke to the Constable and I offered to leave my vehicle parked across his driveway. He then says "Yeah no worries" :eek: at which point I told him that was BS (some more words were said) and he hung up on me.

Spoke to the Supervisor. He just indicated that it was really a council matter and the area should be sign posted. Yes, I agree, but for my own reason I don't want council involved just at the moment.;) To divert me he then starts telling me how they can't even manage their own parking lot.

I would have thought that the car as indicated was a simple violation warranting a ticket and another parker has learned his/her lesson.

So for those in the know what if anything is the offense that this driver has perpetrated by parking across part of the driveway. Also do the police still issue parking tickets or is this seen as a menial job not worthy of their effort.

I have in the past spoken to parking rangers about diverting from their current round to book other wayward parkers elsewhere (same offense different place) but their response was 'not on my round'.

Cheers

Last edited:
Don't really know, but all the latst parking fines Ive had ere from the local council not the state police dept.

Seems all parking is dealt with by councils now. With the limited resources the cops have I wouldn't want them to look after this either.

There's a bit on the RTA website about parking rules. A driver can't unreasonably obstruct the path of a vehicle or pedistrian. You could still get a car out of the driveway so one could argue that while frustraiting - it's not unreasonable. Probably why the cops didn't want to do anything about it.

Can't understand why you don't want to go to council. You whack a no standing sign either side where the white lines are & it should cut back the issue.

TBW

PS also notice how it doesn't happen at the house across the road. It's because you're a unit block.

Typical Camry driver behaviour ;).

Ring the council multiple times if you have to and bring it to their attention.

Many parking inspectors love hot spots where they can book multiple people in a short time frame.

A very sharp knitting needle applied (inserted) to the sidewalls of all four tyres is a good deterrent.

Let's see the RACV or NRMA or whatever you NSW's call it change thems flat tyres.

And, the tyres are not repairable. ;)

I get annoyed when people park too close to the drivewya, makes it hard to see oncoming traffic.

hen I remember seeing the pakring in Europe ! Whats wrong with parking on the corner, a two main streets, in peak hour ? No room ? just double park, you won't be long or far away, so what's the problem ?!?!

buy an old clanger like an old corrolla and just leave it there, parked in the correct location. everyone in the complac can chip in for it

As far as I am concerned I pay my taxes I get service - a bit like a tenant wanting his pound of flesh for the rent:D I pay more than enough in state taxes to support one or two coppers.

We actually painted the white lines on the road to show the 'honest' people where parking should be.

Don't really want the council sniffing around as we are doing extensive reno's here.

I will be speaking to council tomorrow about this matter but as indicated I have found council very uninterested in actually attending one offs. So unless its on their rounds they won't turn up, sign or no sign.

I am worried about you BC with your Semtax:eek::D

TBW - The reason that this is a problem here rather than across at the houses is the space that is available - 2 1/2 cars but not 3.

Cheers

A very sharp knitting needle applied (inserted) to the sidewalls of all four tyres is a good deterrent.

Let's see the RACV or NRMA or whatever you NSW's call it change thems flat tyres.

And, the tyres are not repairable. ;)

that's called property damage and is in fact illegal

now several small metal balls in the exhaust... :D

Blue Card, you made me laugh with your second photo but...............I am getting worried about you,you have refered to semtex in multiple messages here lately......................

This is easily fixed with a few options and there is a website you can go to which will provide you with paperwork you need.

Have a surf around http://www.youparklikeana$$hole.com

Print the violations on big a4 sided paper with sticky stuff on the back.

Plumbers crayon can also be useful for a variety of reasons. The waxy ones.

Last edited:
Blue Card, you made me laugh with your second photo but...............I am getting worried about you,you have refered to semtex in multiple messages here lately......................

I'm worried too - he should be using C4 or Fuel Oil/ Fertilizer mix. If he's using semtex that means hes trucking with the commies.

Back