full house plan (measure and draw)

Hi guys,

I'm planning on renovating a property (2 bathrooms, kitchen, painting, flooring etc) but it is currently tenanted. In order to minimise disturbance to them, I was planning on getting a full house plan drawn up so I can provide to the different contractors, rather than having each contractor go in an measure separately.

Would be interested in views from people who have done this in the past and if you have any recommendations of someone in Sydney that could provide a good and reasonable job.

thanks in advance.

Personally I would like to see the job before I quote on it,
Believe it or not,good tenants or bad tenants have different prices ;)
Easy to get on with or hard to get on with,children or no children.
You get my drift.

It is good idea in theory,however it wont work with all the trades.IMO

Hi guys,

I'm planning on renovating a property (2 bathrooms, kitchen, painting, flooring etc) but it is currently tenanted. In order to minimise disturbance to them, I was planning on getting a full house plan drawn up so I can provide to the different contractors, rather than having each contractor go in an measure separately.

Would be interested in views from people who have done this in the past and if you have any recommendations of someone in Sydney that could provide a good and reasonable job.

thanks in advance.

i too wouldnt quote on a plan of an existing house until i have seen all those little things that make the difference from a new house price

Quoting off a plan is ok (estimate only and NON binding) with firm price given on siting the works to be carried out as there can be so many variables from the plan to seeing the site from each trades view point.

At least you will get an idea of price for budgeting purpose but do allow for overflow :)

Brian

Builders only do estimates nowadays, and off the plan is ok but they will need to see the block and surrounds to list any issues that may effect the projects comleation time.

we are doing $1800 < $2200 down here , but it will depent also on how tight the access is , if all products need to be carried through to the back , then expect the latter amt,
So if you do a 20m2 extension allow $40,000;)

Why dont you let all the Trades know well in advance and say it will be open for inspection on a certain date?

Chomp

Back