"Fully insured removalist"... What does it mean?

I was going through the ads on my local community newspaper in search of removalists. Some of the ads say "fully insured". What exactly does it mean?

By the way, do you have a recommendation for a good removalist in St.George area NSW?

I was going through the ads on my local community newspaper in search of removalists. Some of the ads say "fully insured". What exactly does it mean?
It means they carry insurance to cover the cost of any damage to, or loss of, your possessions, and damage that they cause to third party property (eg if they break a window whilst manoeuvring furniture).

By the way, do you have a recommendation for a good removalist in St.George area NSW?

My mother used it once, they damaged an expensive painting, the insurance payout was crap tho

give you a tip...get your own insurance to cover the move for all damage......pack nothing yourself, let them do the lot if you use their insurance

i spent 15 years in the industry and insurance through a removalist is one big rip off.

if you have a house full of gear they will do any inventory of each item checking for any damage inc scratches, dents etc...many will load up the inventory with damage of items no matter how small....

better off taking out your own insurance by a country mile...

if your going to use anyone make sure the same truck or container is picking up your gear that will deliver it...most damage occurs during transfer to loading docks for storage between transhipments...

reputable removalists, wridgways, grace etc are more expensive but usually offer a far better service than your backyard operator....thats the norm but not always the rule however....

in actual fact you could win a case through litigation if they destroyed your property and you had no insurance.. removalists must accept duty of care of goods...most say they wont but thats not the case legally.

good luck...

best of luck

Back