Fundraising ideas ?

Depending on the community you work in (this is generally easier in smaller communities I find), you may be able to approach companies directly for sponsorship? Especially if it is for a specific thing (like fuel for rescues).

We've had lots of success when I am getting funds for organisations directly from companies that I work with. Hardest part is generally finding the right person to speak to....

Today was Day For Daniel (Morcombe) and thanks to networking we raised a lot of money for this very worthy cause.

Why don't you post a bit more information about your charity here on the inter web thingy and perhaps the folks online could pitch in?

So I got hold of the Facebook page. Actually I started a new one.

In two days I have nearly 80 folks onboard.

Quite pleased :)

Post it up here. I'm sure those that use spacebook will be happy to like you.

Edit - can you get associated orgs/people on board to follow you?

Re the sausage sizzle, don't limit yourself to just putting your name down at Bunnings, either. Check around at the other major traders who are open all weekend. Also, car washes can be good too.

As an example, I know people who work at the Autobarn Cairns store. Autobarn offers a car wash / sausage sizzle each weekend to whoever puts their name down (you do need to book ahead) - they provide the car wash equipment (inc hoses) / BBQ + tables / tents etc, and the local organisations just provide the manpower, ingredients, soft drinks etc.

As another tip, I've heard that the groups who do bacon and egg burgers as well, do far better trade than just a standard sausage sizzle (which may have something to do with the fact that the staff like bacon and egg burgers a lot more than sausages!) Just something else to consider. :)

Good luck!

Post it up here. I'm sure those that use spacebook will be happy to like you.

Edit - can you get associated orgs/people on board to follow you?

Did consider that. But we are a local service that really only benefits local folks. So whilst it might look good to get raw numbers up it really is kinda pointless.

Anyways, after three days I have 160 local boaters. It will only grow from here.

Cheers and thanks folks.

Back