Funniest tenant request

My all time favourite, after 14 years of this, is the tenant who thought she shouldn't have to pay rent because I have more houses than she does.

Going to tribunal next week for unrepaired damages to the house.

This includes:
- broken front door (tenant kicked it in)
- hole in wall (tenant punched the wall)
- broken fence (tenant drove into it with a motor bike) - I replaced it for free in March.

Other
- broken airconditioner (checked by tradie, not broken)
- leaking sink (checked by tradie, not leaking)
- asbestos in house (it is a 50 year old house, yes there is asbestos as there is in every old house in that suburb)
- etc. etc. etc.

Changed real estate agent last week as it was obvious they had never done an inspection on this house and had agreed to the tenants demands.

Thought I'd add to this thread rather than create a new one.

Got a call from my PM today, the tenants have complained that the cooktop is faulty because the hotplates take too long to cool down when they are switched off. Hmmm, now the laws of physics are my responsibility.

I remember when i had IP a Wagga the tenants asked gor steel bars on the front of the unit window so they could deal drugs safely . And they put that in writing too !!

going to tribunal next week for unrepaired damages to the house.

This includes:
- broken front door (tenant kicked it in)
- hole in wall (tenant punched the wall)
- broken fence (tenant drove into it with a motor bike) - i replaced it for free in march.

Other
- broken airconditioner (checked by tradie, not broken)
- leaking sink (checked by tradie, not leaking)
- asbestos in house (it is a 50 year old house, yes there is asbestos as there is in every old house in that suburb)
- etc. Etc. Etc.

Changed real estate agent last week as it was obvious they had never done an inspection on this house and had agreed to the tenants demands.

this is what happens when you invest in mount druitt !

Back