Furious about a dealing with Real Estate Agent

Hey,

Just wanted to share an experience I had with a real estate agent.

There is a property which got passed in yesterday in Auction in NSW Central Coast yesterday. Anyways I called up the agent yesterday and he sounded very rude when he told me the property is passed in, said he was busy so I said I will give you my details and you can call me later when you get time as I am interested in the property.

Then he never called me yesterday. Today I called him about the property and said "I talked to yesterday about the property, can I please get some more info" and then he hangs up the phone on me :mad:

After that I tried calling him like 10 times or so and he didnot pick up the phone. Then I called him again after 1 hour and he picks up the phone and then he goes "what do you want?" I said I want to get more information on that property, he said he has got the contract exchanged already on the property :mad::mad:

I was so pissed off. Then he said he didnot want me wasting his time as I have enquired about properties in the past with him but never bought anything. I am like wtf????

Do you think that is right?

Anyways if anyone wants to know the agents name then you can pm me, I will be happy to give it away.

Regards.

he said he didnot want me wasting his time as I have enquired about properties in the past with him but never bought anything. I am like wtf????

Yeah, it's great.

I like how customers aren't forced to use a particular agent because there are many others to choose from. And REA's don't have to deal with a particular customer because there are many others to choose from.

Things aren't always like that in other countries.

The other week, i called up an agent to view an property. He said he didn't want to show it to me as it was run down. (obviously because im female and very young). So i did a drive by of it and called him back saying i drove by it and wanted an inspection. He said that the tennants will be moving out end of week so he would give me a call sometime early that following week to arange an inspection time. I didn't hear from him come the thursday so i called back that friday, recept said he will call me back. When he did call me back he said "oh sorry didnt i already call you yesturday" well if you did i wouldnt be calling you right now, anyway told me property was under contract! So PEEEDDDDDDDDD of!

Yeah - sounds pretty normal to me....what's the problem ?? A thicker skin might help for starters.

Why didn't you ;

1. Ask 6 weeks ago every question you could possibly dream up during the marketing period.
2. Stick up you hand (or your authorised proxy's hand at the auction and simply buy it ??

If you didn't know about it or were too late....oh well....

Dealing with REAs has been discussed ad nauseum on the forums.
If that makes you furious, I'd suggest you start stockpiling valium if you intend on being along term real estate investor.
And maybe you need to change your approach if whatever your doing makes them not even want to talk to you.

(obviously because im female and very young).
Ohh please, you could make up any excuse in the universe to whinge about. And so could I and anyone else dealing with them.

From another thread:
A few points:
Forget email and or sms. Call on the phone or turn up at the office.
Forget the "top salesman" noob trip.
Talk to anybody in the office who is willing to help you.
A hungry rookie is better than a ole grumpy SOB.
Forget the "please be my friend" noob trip also.
You are not there to make friends, and neither are they.
You are there to do business and they want to make commissions not friends.
Until you actually make a transaction, your a tyrekicker. That's life get used to it.
Once you've bought (or sold) your a customer, or potential customer to the others.
Get rid of your "special treatment" and "poor little me" pity party.
They are looking for buyers & sellers. Any buyers or sellers.
Everybody's money is good!
Forget small talk, no what your going to say before you open your mouth.
Dont waste your time or theirs. Tell'em exaclty what your looking for and last time you looked.
ie Tell them you were in last week and would like to know what new listings the have this week.
It should go without saying, but it always needs repeating.
Always smile, be polite, to the point, say please & thank you.
Make it easy for them to deal with you.
Have fun! Enjoy what your doing. Enjoy investing, searching, hunting, finding, negotiating etc.
If you don't and it makes you grumpy, get someone else to do it for you.
Life's just too short.

there's plenty more and much more detail, but that's for another time.

The other week, i called up an agent to view an property. He said he didn't want to show it to me as it was run down. (obviously because im female and very young).
I've tyrekicked on a couple of houses lately (two - one was a bit run down and one was so far run down it was beyond a joke) and I had no issue with either agent. I'm female and not especially young anymore, but quite on the small side so I don't think your average joe is going to realise I have a rather impressive collection of power tools out the back, three major renovations under my belt, and fishing for a fourth.

But then one of the agents we bought through last year and one has the listing for my current house so they've already got/have potential to get money out of me.

The second agent did his research with the listing, found out in advance before I'd decided to use his agency that the house was in my name only not joint (I didn't tell him) and had all the forms filled out ready to go and pitched entirely at me and ignored my partner. Cluey bugger.

If this is re agent ST i drove past him yesterday at auction.

I spoke to him 2 hours afterwards, and it sold at $190k after being passed in onsite at 1pm. Its at suburb starting with W?

:)

Talk soon mate.

Can anyone name another industry that acts in this way consistently? Its become the norm , not the exception.

The problem is the RE industry, not individual agents. Oh yes, they are as well. :rolleyes:

I have had so many run-ins with agents in 20 years since i bought my first property its not funny.

The worst, about 15 years ago i took an agency to court (principal and agent), they backed down before the case and made a generous cash settlement. Which i accepted.

They knew they were goners but were just bluffing me, thinking i wouldn't go through with it and would succumb to their threats.

Nah not Wyongah....

Its the other suburb that sounds like bobby.... with a funny ring to it :)

Always pick them, I was finalising a big deal I have purchased on the water there and was inspecting a different property in this precint at that time.

Only if i knew, we could have gone for a beer :)

Why is the suburb such a big secret? You wont find many on here who cares where it is.

Nah not Wyongah....

Its the other suburb that sounds like bobby.... with a funny ring to it :)

Always pick them, I was finalising a big deal I have purchased on the water there and was inspecting a different property in this precint at that time.

Only if i knew, we could have gone for a beer :)

Back