fussy eater frustration

So has anyone used the tactics Kiddies use over dinner for the RE negotiations? :D Remember: kids = best negotiators.

Cheers,

The Y-man

no - but junior and i have been playing monopoly for the last two days now ... she owns all the train stations :eek: and sending me broke. she loves making the money, buying the properties and putting houses on her sets - not bad for a 6yr old.

in regards to the eating - i was used to it at home, but i think i just hit me hard when we spent 6 days at my mothers' and she would screw her nose up at all her past "favorites" because they weren't made exactly how mum makes them. it took her about 2 weeks to settle back down with the eating when we got home. very frustrating.

it didn't hurt that i was reminded that my uncle at nothing but honey sandwiches for his entire childhood (his request) and has long had his doctorate and associate professer-ship at boston university (usa) in marine biology.

so his survived with his health and brains intact.

Children are funny little creatures. I don't think it's a new phenomena caused by later generations pandering to them either.

I recall getting told I could not leave the table until my meal was eaten and guess who always won :D.

I don't think the sensation of hunger really kicked in till I got to my teens. Actually scientist should look further into this for a weight loss solution.

One clear memory I have was when I was about 3 or 4 years of age (moved from this place at age 4) where I wouldn't eat a particular soup. Mum walked out into the backyard and I tipped it behind the sofa/divan :eek:. Didn't get to sit at the table for long that day ;).

My youngest who was a better eater than my first child made a bigger deal of the way things were laid out on the plate and the way foods were cut.

Toast could be cut on the angle for a few days and he would be happy eating it and then suddenly it had to be cut on the square otherwise he'd have a mini meltdown.

It all sorted itself out though by around 4 or 5 years of age and as long as they had some of the meal I didn't worry or make too big a deal of it.

My youngest brother would not eat his sandwiches for lunch in year 1. Mum was cutting them in triangles. One day she inadvertently cut them in squares - he ate them because they weren't "so big".!!
Marg

So has anyone used the tactics Kiddies use over dinner for the RE negotiations? :D Remember: kids = best negotiators.

Cheers,

The Y-man

lol i'd like to roll around on the floor chucking a big tantrum when i either don't get my offer accepted or anytime someone else makes a bid :D

Who knows, it might scare off all the other bidders, or scare the vendor into accepting my inital offer :cool:

glad y'all think it's hilarious....!

getting them early is the key as mentioned. we make 'em eat at 4:30 ish now, with a milo or milk before bed.... any later the 'twitch' comes out.

and don't give in - or give in, but inapparently. make em eat a pear or an apple or toast. something. anything....so they don't wake up when you've been asleep for half an hour with the ol' "waaaaaaa!!! i'm hungry!!!!!!" in the pitch black dodging teddies and matchbox cars - and that bit of jam toast you forgot to pick up before bed - as you run in to shut them up with a piece of fruit before they wake the others.

kids......

Back