Future party leader

Discussion in 'Coffee Lounge' started by lizzie, 16th Jun, 2015.

1. lizzie

lizzie when i grow up ...

Media:
    I might get howled down ... but after watching Christopher Pyne for quite a while now, I think he might be a serious Liberal party leader in the future.

Malcolm Turnbull has done his dash - I think Julie Bishop will be next in ... but Mr Pyne seems to have a really good knack of a touch of larrikin whilst retaining his dignity ... and more importantly ... getting the message across clearing and sicsinctly without Abbotts heeing and hawing

2. WattleIdo

WattleIdo Member

Media:
    I think more of him now that I've seen him in action. Impressed that he has the guts to put forward his own pov diplomatically when it's different to Abbot's. He's also been able to U-turn on some of the earlier gaffs.

3. sash

sash Member

Noooo.....no yapping poodles...in the bug house....

4. Nemo30

Nemo30 Member

Seriously cant imagine him ever being leader. He comes across across as a spoiled private school boy - the average person wouldnt relate to him.

I think Julie Bishop is the stand out in the cabinet - she impresses me greatly. Unfortunately dont think we are ready for another female pm.

I think next leader will be Morrison.

5. willair

willair xx

Media:
  6. datto

datto Member

Media:
    sydney, westie - middle class bogan (MCB)
    Yeah Pyne will be a great leader. Only problem is that everyone hates him and wants to take him out the back for wedgy competition.

7. VYBerlinaV8

VYBerlinaV8 Member

I reckon the combination of Turnbull and Bishop would be great. Doesn't matter which is PM or Deputy.

8. Perp

Perp Member

Media:
    I knew him at uni in the late '80s. He was exactly as he comes across - a private school prat with an overly-developed sense of entitlement and a marked and barely-hidden contempt for anybody who dares not to have shared his privileges.

I guess he'd at least make Tony Abbott look totally compassionate and in-touch, by comparison.

9. WattleIdo

WattleIdo Member

Media:
    Pride and Prejudice? :rolleyes:

10. Perp

Perp Member

Media:
    He was much less likable than Darcy; more like a (somewhat) masculine Lady de Bourgh.

WattleIdo likes this.
  11. JDP1

JDP1 Member

I agree with this.

If pine ever becomes PM, I'm leaving the country.

12. DDDKEFather

DDDKEFather Member

Agree, I think this is the way it will have to be otherwise the country will be ruined even more by Labor Party.

13. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Member

Pyne will always be an integral part of any cabinet but he is not well liked. He may lead an opposition but it would be much like the Downer experience.

After the obvious three: Bishop, Turnbull and Morrison you start to look at the next generation. In that sense Josh Frydenburg is someone to watch.

Beelzebub

Edit: I said the same thing about Tony Abbott though, so who knows.

14. hugh72

hugh72 Member

Agreed, as for Pyne not a chance in h*ll, he will be lucky to hold his seat at the next election

15. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Finance Broker

Pyne always used to annoy me more than anything until I actually met him - and found him to be a genuinely interesting guy who was in favour of being anti-PC and a fondness for being a ***** stirrer.

I very much doubt he'd go for leader considering it wouldn't allow him to continue being his true self.

16. devank

devank Why why why?

We are sooo lucky in many ways... but totally unlucky when it comes to politics.
    I just can't think of any true leader... sadly.

17. LibGS

LibGS Member

Pyne is a grub. And you can ask Pyne for the alternative spelling of grub.

Perp likes this.
  18. sanj

sanj Member

Good lord if that idiot is the lib leader I'll be voting for labour or the greens which says a lot for me, I've only ever voted for libs on a federal level.

I think he would be even worse than Abbott which says a lot.

I think the state of our politics would be greatly improved if turbull /bishop and plibersek /albo were at the helm instead of the 2 bumbling idiots we have now. I have no time for Pyne or Morrison ether

19. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Member

They all want to be PM and most Coalition MPs dislike political correctness and say some pretty amusing things in private. But yes, Pyne absolutely wants to be PM as does pretty much everyone in the cabinet, but he probably doesn't expect it to ever happen.

20. Tillie

Tillie Member

Media:
    Pyne are not going to be PM, maybe opposition leader. The reason is his voice and his appearance. Australians are still expecting their leader to have strong voice and strong charismatic appearance. Regardless what he says Pyne's voice is somehow annoying, reminds me about a little dog's (poodle) barking. Also his appearance is too feminine for a male leader. Double standards I know but Australians expect their male leaders to be masculine.