Future party leader

I might get howled down ... but after watching Christopher Pyne for quite a while now, I think he might be a serious Liberal party leader in the future.

Malcolm Turnbull has done his dash - I think Julie Bishop will be next in ... but Mr Pyne seems to have a really good knack of a touch of larrikin whilst retaining his dignity ... and more importantly ... getting the message across clearing and sicsinctly without Abbotts heeing and hawing

I think more of him now that I've seen him in action. Impressed that he has the guts to put forward his own pov diplomatically when it's different to Abbot's. He's also been able to U-turn on some of the earlier gaffs.

Noooo.....no yapping poodles...in the bug house....

I might get howled down ... but after watching Christopher Pyne for quite a while now, I think he might be a serious Liberal party leader in the future.

Malcolm Turnbull has done his dash - I think Julie Bishop will be next in ... but Mr Pyne seems to have a really good knack of a touch of larrikin whilst retaining his dignity ... and more importantly ... getting the message across clearing and sicsinctly without Abbotts heeing and hawing

Seriously cant imagine him ever being leader. He comes across across as a spoiled private school boy - the average person wouldnt relate to him.

I think Julie Bishop is the stand out in the cabinet - she impresses me greatly. Unfortunately dont think we are ready for another female pm.

I think next leader will be Morrison.

Yeah Pyne will be a great leader. Only problem is that everyone hates him and wants to take him out the back for wedgy competition.

Seriously cant imagine him ever being leader. He comes across across as a spoiled private school boy - the average person wouldnt relate to him.

I think Julie Bishop is the stand out in the cabinet - she impresses me greatly. Unfortunately dont think we are ready for another female pm.

I reckon the combination of Turnbull and Bishop would be great. Doesn't matter which is PM or Deputy.

I knew him at uni in the late '80s. He was exactly as he comes across - a private school prat with an overly-developed sense of entitlement and a marked and barely-hidden contempt for anybody who dares not to have shared his privileges.

I guess he'd at least make Tony Abbott look totally compassionate and in-touch, by comparison.

I knew him at uni in the late '80s. He was exactly as he comes across - a private school prat with an overly-developed sense of entitlement and a marked and barely-hidden contempt for anybody who dares not to have shared his privileges.

I guess he'd at least make Tony Abbott look totally compassionate and in-touch, by comparison.

Pride and Prejudice? :rolleyes:

I agree with this.

If pine ever becomes PM, I'm leaving the country.

Pyne will always be an integral part of any cabinet but he is not well liked. He may lead an opposition but it would be much like the Downer experience.

After the obvious three: Bishop, Turnbull and Morrison you start to look at the next generation. In that sense Josh Frydenburg is someone to watch.

Beelzebub

Edit: I said the same thing about Tony Abbott though, so who knows.

Pyne will always be an integral part of any cabinet but he is not well liked. He may lead an opposition but it would be much like the Downer experience.

After the obvious three: Bishop, Turnbull and Morrison you start to look at the next generation. In that sense Josh Frydenburg is someone to watch.

Beelzebub

Edit: I said the same thing about Tony Abbott though, so who knows.

Agreed, as for Pyne not a chance in h*ll, he will be lucky to hold his seat at the next election

Pyne always used to annoy me more than anything until I actually met him - and found him to be a genuinely interesting guy who was in favour of being anti-PC and a fondness for being a ***** stirrer.

I very much doubt he'd go for leader considering it wouldn't allow him to continue being his true self.

We are sooo lucky in many ways... but totally unlucky when it comes to politics.
I just can't think of any true leader... sadly.

Good lord if that idiot is the lib leader I'll be voting for labour or the greens which says a lot for me, I've only ever voted for libs on a federal level.

I think he would be even worse than Abbott which says a lot.

I think the state of our politics would be greatly improved if turbull /bishop and plibersek /albo were at the helm instead of the 2 bumbling idiots we have now. I have no time for Pyne or Morrison ether

Pyne always used to annoy me more than anything until I actually met him - and found him to be a genuinely interesting guy who was in favour of being anti-PC and a fondness for being a ***** stirrer.

I very much doubt he'd go for leader considering it wouldn't allow him to continue being his true self.

They all want to be PM and most Coalition MPs dislike political correctness and say some pretty amusing things in private. But yes, Pyne absolutely wants to be PM as does pretty much everyone in the cabinet, but he probably doesn't expect it to ever happen.

Pyne are not going to be PM, maybe opposition leader. The reason is his voice and his appearance. Australians are still expecting their leader to have strong voice and strong charismatic appearance. Regardless what he says Pyne's voice is somehow annoying, reminds me about a little dog's (poodle) barking. Also his appearance is too feminine for a male leader. Double standards I know but Australians expect their male leaders to be masculine.

Back