Future party leader

Scott Morrison for me with Julie as his deputy.

He has the speaking skills that Abbott lacks and is prepared to tackle the hard jobs but takes the time to explain in common language why it needs to be done.

Julie is there because she is the best foreign minister I have seen.

Good team, would get re elected I think, 12 years would be possible.

Scott Morrison for me with Julie as his deputy.

He has the speaking skills that Abbott lacks and is prepared to tackle the hard jobs but takes the time to explain in common language why it needs to be done.

Julie is there because she is the best foreign minister I have seen.

Good team, would get re elected I think, 12 years would be possible.

Morrison is definitely hard nosed and gets the tough jobs done but I can't see him as a likeable leader compared to Turnbull

If Tony Abbott can become leader anyone has a chance! I don't mind Tony, voted for him but seriously the guy was electoral poison (still is) prior to his party electing him over Turnbull.

I like Morrison for a future PM.

At the moment Julie B seems to be the poster girl for the position of next Leader though.

I like Chris Pyne;

Pyne always used to annoy me more than anything until I actually met him - and found him to be a genuinely interesting guy who was in favour of being anti-PC and a fondness for being a ***** stirrer.
He is a regular contributor on Andrew Bolt (hello Sanj) and occasionally on Q&A.

He is also often on ABC Radio as well.

He takes no shidd, and if you look past his upper-Scotch College accent, he is as you say.

Bring on the Plibersek/Albo combo, I say.
Morrisson is good to listen to as he always makes sense. The scary part is how right-wing he is.
So we can say that we all like Pyne because he's so unlikeable, right!?

I can't see him switching to labor so no idea how he'll ever be an opposition leader.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, it would require a change of government and him winning any subsequent leadership spill. He could get his party to vote for him but I doubt he could convince the wider electorate. And he isn't a frontrunner for the party to vote for him if there was a leadership spill during this or the next term of government... if there is a next term.

He's far too far to the right to appeal to enough people to win an election.

Abbott is further to the right. And yes, while I doubt Pyne could ever get elected I qualify that statement with the example of Tony Abbott. If you had of told me, and I was a part of the party machine at the time, that Abbott would become opposition leader and win the election I would have laughed at you.

Far right? What do you base that on?
OK, you can be a bigot and not be on the far right. Economically he may be more moderate, but I maintain that he's socially far right, more akin to One Nation.

He's a social extremist: he's Islamophobic, opposes human rights for non-Australians (and even some Australians), opposes marriage equality, introduced Operation Sovereign Borders (which arguably violates several international laws), and lacks human decency (responding to reports of an Indian student's suicide in detention in an absolutely heartless manner).

Apart from that, he's freaking awesome.

Lol, further than far right:rolleyes: you guys need a political reality check.

I know these labels get thrown around a lot, but they actually have a meaning.

I never said that Morrison was far right, I said Abbot was further to the right on the political spectrum than Morrison. I don't think I claimed either of them were far right, in fact what I was trying to imply was that Morrison isn't far right at all by pointing out that Abbott is further along the political spectrum. And I'm well aware of their meanings.

Back