Future party leader

All Australians wanted the deaths and the boats to stop - that is one of the main reasons the Libs got in., and that is what has been achieved.

The boats have not stopped. They have changed direction and people are still dying. We don't hear about it because they are not washing up on the rocks at Christmas Island. So the problem is out of sight and out of mind.

When it comes to the world's refugees, to use some current political parlance, Australia is a leaner, not a lifter.

Honestly guys discussing this with ardent supporters of scott morrison is like discussing foei Gras recipes with a PETA spokesperson. Entirely poibtless

They might go for some youth and put in a surprise like Josh Frydenberg.

Reason for this is-
Hockey will never be PM after his performance as treasurer
Scott Morrison isn't popular due to his stints with Human Services and Immigration
Malcolm Turnball has had his time
Julie Bishop- Australia isn't ready for another female PM after Gillard
Pyne isn't popular either. Most people can't relate because he comes off as an entitled, pretencious **** stirrer

Labor need to get rid of Shorten. He's a man with no character or vision much like the Labor party as of late.

Honestly guys discussing this with ardent supporters of scott morrison is like discussing foei Gras recipes with a PETA spokesperson. Entirely poibtless

Honestly guys discussing this with ardent supporters/ opponents of Scott Morrison is like discussing Foie Gras recipes with a PETA spokesperson. Entirely pointless.

Discussing relegion and politics with the self righteous is a waste of space.

I might get howled down ... but after watching Christopher Pyne for quite a while now, I think he might be a serious Liberal party leader in the future.

As others have said, he has the voice and persona of a spoilt upper class silverspoon brat. Could be a nice bloke but I don't know?

Scott Morrison is the man. He has stopped the boats and the queue jumpers, and thus has saved our budget billions from welfare. Looking forward to him as leader and a strong Australia. We need a bloke who gets things done without stuffing around.

See ya's.

He has stopped the boats and the queue jumpers, and thus has saved our budget billions from welfare.
I can't see how you figure that. It costs us between $400,000 to more than $1M per year to keep an asylum seeker on Nauru or Manus. It'd cost us a fraction of that to keep them in Australia, and pay them welfare.

Money is the last thing driving this policy; if you were concerned about saving money, you'd be on my side!

I can't see how you figure that. It costs us between $400,000 to more than $1M per year to keep an asylum seeker on Nauru or Manus. It'd cost us a fraction of that to keep them in Australia, and pay them welfare.

!

But it's short term isn't it. They will soon get sick of being on Nauru or Manus and take the free airfare back to where they came. Great initiative. Implemented by labor wasn't it?

See ya's.

But it's short term isn't it. They will soon get sick of being on Nauru or Manus and take the free airfare back to where they came. Great initiative. Implemented by labor wasn't it?
Yes, to their shame, Labor implemented it.

I guess Anne Frank is admired because she did the right thing and just got murdered, rather than troubling somebody else to try and secure her safety. Bless her.

Perp, topcropper, sanj, Phar lap, Bayview, LibsG - anyone else I've missed - what are you still doing here?
You are loved and needed on Property Chat. Please kindly make your way over there at your earliest convenience.
Wattle.

Perp, topcropper, sanj, Phar lap, Bayview, LibsG - anyone else I've missed - what are you still doing here?
You are loved and needed on Property Chat. Please kindly make your way over there at your earliest convenience.
Wattle.
Just pick up where we left off? ;)

I have both open at the moment. :)

OK. Heading over now. :D

I'm T.C. over next door. To keep Topcropper I had to say what my email was 11 years ago when I first joined? Yeah, good luck with that!

See ya's.

Wattle.

Nah, I've had enough of arguing with the leftists. Too superior & serious for me.
I've contributed over the years, especially the early 2000's and learned a great deal along the way. We are now secure in our investments and looking forward to retirement, whatever that entails as we are both active so will always be doing something.

I shall turn full circle and lurk over on the new site. Will press the like button when someone says something intelligent and thoughtful.

Good luck, have fun, be honest, & don't be too serious.

TC...I'll catch you at the WT bowlo one Friday bistro night soon.;)

Nah, I've had enough of arguing with the leftists. Too superior & serious for me.
I've contributed over the years, especially the early 2000's and learned a great deal along the way.

Everyone opinions are important,,and you never stop learning,very easy to join up..

Back