Gaming - any gamers on somersoft?

Anyone else a gamer or used to be?

I used to love gaming, flight sim, steam sales, all kind of PC games.

I'm away for work at the moment and have some time on my hands after work, but I've just lost my mojo and can't be bothered with games anymore :eek: Have I just gotten old (35)? and grown up?

Or is property like a game that can't be beaten, and I can't get a thrill from something that's not real anymore..

Been doing alot of house hunting lately, and I can't get my mind back to relaxation mode. Anyone else find when you step up your investing a notch that you lose interest in any old hobbies?

I guess it's not a bad thing, girlfriend was never a fan of losing me to games anyway. Maybe I should take up reading or something instead.. or I don't know what will happen when I run out of equity and can't invest anymore :(

Anyone else a gamer or used to be?

Former Level 60 Orc Hunter wassup. Had me those epix and did raids with the clan and err-than.

DOTA will forever have a place in my heart as the best game ever.

Then I realised that while I was crowing about my level 60 hunter, other mates were lording over swelling bank balances or new muscles gained from real world activity... Realised that gaming wasn't something I could use constructively and gave it the flick!

I very occasionally play Borderlands 2 and Path of Exile. I like video games, but I make sure not to get too sucked in. I had a Playstation and ended up giving it to a friend, because I was playing it so much.

I used to play Dungeons and Dragons and still would if I could find people to play with.

Or is property like a game that can't be beaten, and I can't get a thrill from something that's not real anymore..
This is about it for me. When it's a choice of sinking thousands of hours of your life into games which earn you nothing or into property investing which could potentially earn you millions gaming starts to feel like a waste of time. As you say both can provide a sense of achievment but - for me at least - that feeling lasts longer when it comes from propety investment.

Yeah I did like the growth aspect of games, always gaining a new level and getting more powerful.

Like you say, some are gaining levels in the gym instead, or we can be gaining levels in investing and make real life a game.

At the end of the day, sometimes I think of it as wasting time. It was incredibly relaxing for the mind though not having to think of anything else in the world for hours at a time :D Not very responsible but was fun.

I just can't get into it anymore.

Also I think the games are more dumbed down, all the models are cartooney and not realistic. I moved into simulators, but then that was a whole hassle having to constantly fiddle with mods, tweaks, and actually studying how to fly some of these planes.

The thing that turned me off opening the latest game is yet ANOTHER bloody tutorial, and it always goes the same way, I do the tutorial, play the game, then figure out it's flaws, then know the easy way to win, then it's not fun anymore.

Same boat as you Dan. I did enjoy games and played mostly blockbuster games (e.g. Mass effect, Splinter cell, Halo, etc). Ever since my interest in investing has gone up, everything else has lost its appeal. That's why I don't even date anymore but I realise I probably should work on this.

Now I almost force myself to play a quick indie game just to change things up. 'Broforce' on steam is what I'm playing now for a quickie

Company of Heroes II, Destiny, BF3, Team Fortress 2, CIV V, Fallout 3/New Vegas, DAY Z, Total War series.

Love my gaming, but I generally can only find myself around 2 hours a week to play.

Company of Heroes II, Destiny, BF3, Team Fortress 2, CIV V, Fallout 3/New Vegas, DAY Z, Total War series.

Love my gaming, but I generally can only find myself around 2 hours a week to play.

So that's what... 120 min / 8 games = 15min / game?!

:p

:eek:You're definitley taking investing too seriously!:D

Damn straight Bro. In the process of buying an IP atm unless I get gazumped in the next few days. Once that is through, I'll have time to focus on other things. Chiquitas included

What do you guys play on?

Have a Xbox 360 but haven't played on it for over 6 months. Lately been on my PC or iPhone

Was pretty much all PC for me, with some Android games.

ARMA 2, Battlefield, Anything that was a flightsim (even had the pedals etc), Crusader Kings 2, heaps of stuff, and had about 70 games on steam over the past many years.

PC, PS3 + PS4 now as of last month.

I used to be a PC elitist, but the ease of connectivity with other players via console cannot be surpassed for casual gaming.

I've been known to play the odd game every now and then. A good time waster for me is candy crush, or if I want to use my brain a bit I don't mind 2048 - particularly the pvp. I enjoy online poker too.

Main gaming machine is my Sony Z2.

:D

Played a reasonable amount of Counter Strike on PC when I was younger. When I turned 18 didn't play that much, only occasionally on Sunday after a big night. Preferred to go out and enjoy myself.

Played Call of Duty on PS3 for around 3 months, got over it.

Don't have time for games, and when I do not that interested.

Played a reasonable amount of Counter Strike on PC when I was younger. When I turned 18 didn't play that much, only occasionally on Sunday after a big night. Preferred to go out and enjoy myself.

Played Call of Duty on PS3 for around 3 months, got over it.

Don't have time for games, and when I do not that interested.

Maybe CJay can lure you back to the Dark side

Haha 2048 played that a little bit. Also bit of online, but don't have the patients. I like a bit of table talk, so makes it tough.

Haha 2048 played that a little bit. Also bit of online, but don't have the patients. I like a bit of table talk, so makes it tough.

lol, you can do a bit of pre-defined trash talking.

The main thing that annoys me about the online is if you're flogging someone they get the poos and quit, not very sporting of them.

Back