Gas supply

Hello,

Just wondering if there's a way to get gas supply connected to house that doesn't have it available? Other houses very close by on the same street are connected (i.e. #91 has it, #100 doesn't - maybe others that are even closer have it as well). How much would this cost roughly?

Hello,

Just wondering if there's a way to get gas supply connected to house that doesn't have it available? Other houses very close by on the same street are connected (i.e. #91 has it, #100 doesn't - maybe others that are even closer have it as well). How much would this cost roughly?

Is it Gas mains that run along street front or do neighbouring properties have large Gas bottle set-ups?

Hello,

We had this done in Queensland. It didn't cost us anything to have a trench dug from one side of the road (where the gas main is) to our property. Main thing was that we did need to have it connected to both a cooker and hot water system (which we wanted anyway). Nothing better than cooking on gas ;-)

We had this done in Queensland. It didn't cost us anything to have a trench dug from one side of the road (where the gas main is) to our property. Main thing was that we did need to have it connected to both a cooker and hot water system (which we wanted anyway). Nothing better than cooking on gas ;-)

A tenant had just asked me to do this in Toowoomba, waiting for quotes, do you know what would be reasonable by any chance ?

Call the gas supplier and they'll get back you in a few days with a quite. In the mean time Get the dial before you digg plans for the street and you'll see where the main is. If it's on your side it will be a trench from the footpath to the house. If it's on the other side of the road hopefully the neighbour has gas so you can tee in. But it all depends what's actually going on in the street with Mains and services.
Depending on your state the suppliers may vary so call more than one if possible, some call centres have been exposed to too much gas!i don't have gas in my street and it was unbelievably difficult to find out how i go about getting a main in the street, so they gave me a massive quote to lay one line 3 blocks to get to my house rather than a main then my service

Your tenant wants gas:eek:.

Even if you can get the gas to the house for a reasonable price you will need a new cooker and maybe HWS if you switch that too. Will you get more rent from these tenants to cover the cost?

Other thing to watch is that gas used to be cheap but our gas bill is getting stupidly expensive.

Don't forget someone is going to get hit with two supply charges by having gas
and electricity which is around 70 cents a day for each supply ??.
Just checked my supply charge which is 75 cents a day so if gas is similar
your paying $135 per quarter instead of $67.50 or $540 instead of $270 per year
and then your actual supply usage on top , and its only going to get worse with
greedy energy suppliers.

Lol, no, it's for our PPOR, not IP (no chance! :p). We have been getting some ridiculous bills lately as we only have electricity but I don't think we actually use that much. I think it's something to do with how the heater runs but it'd probably be more worthwhile to look into solar panels rather than getting gas and then having to change the heating system and other things on top.

Back