gayness II

a poster started a thread about geo areas that gay people live in, i can't find it. i think it was annie and i think it has been deleted. there were some funny but homophobic posts in it - so the homophobic posts did deserve to be deleted, but not the whole thread. it's a good item for discussion. lgbt (lesbian, gay bisexual and transgender) are a market worth considering.

if we look at Brisbane; new farm and west end are traditional areas for gays to live. but the high cost of rentals and purchases are driving gay folk out of these areas. where is the next 'gay getto' is the question for investors?

similar comparatives could be held across the country.

I love gay men, the one's on our rent roll are the most easiest going people, the cleanest and most caring about their properties. They make awesome investors. If you tap into an area in Adelaide that I can source more clients like that let me know.

Is there a gay investors forum I can spruke to? ;)

a poster started a thread about geo areas that gay people live in, i can't find it. i think it was annie and i think it has been deleted. there were some funny but homophobic posts in it - so the homophobic posts did deserve to be deleted, but not the whole thread. it's a good item for discussion. lgbt (lesbian, gay bisexual and transgender) are a market worth considering.

if we look at Brisbane; new farm and west end are traditional areas for gays to live. but the high cost of rentals and purchases are driving gay folk out of these areas. where is the next 'gay getto' is the question for investors?

similar comparatives could be held across the country.

Gay clients are demanding but usually cashed up in my experience. They will rent in the prestige/lifestyle areas if they can't buy there. For the males- usually 2 incomes and no kids so plety of disposable income. All the gays I know will eat out several times a week at restaraunts where ambience is more impportant than value.

Perhaps Paddington and Bulimba as 2 other areas?

The first post in the thread you referred to was the only post in the thread on topic- and some, as you say, were extremely homophobic.

But I'm not even sure abou the premise. If somebody asked about where Biddleonians lived, would that be considered racist? Or are gays being stereotyped in this thread already?

High cost of rentals and purchases?

Gay couples are typically double income, no kids. This leads me to believe they could be some of the most eligible for higher priced living.

Northcote is the Lesbian capital of Melbourne, if you're chasing the pink dollar buy there. Commercial rd Prahran for Gay men.

Northcote is the Lesbian capital of Melbourne, if you're chasing the pink dollar buy there. Commercial rd Prahran for Gay men.
So areas that are trendy, but not too trendy???

Although St. Kilda has a high gay and lesbian community and is also very trendy (in some sections).

So areas that are trendy, but not too trendy???

Although St. Kilda has a high gay and lesbian community and is also very trendy (in some sections).

We are in ALL suburbs and we are not all vain and demanding :D
Personally i think commercial road is a cesspit and no lesbian i know would live in northcote.

We are in ALL suburbs and we are not all vain and demanding :D
Personally i think commercial road is a cesspit and no lesbian i know would live in northcote.
Thank you, you've just highlighted why I thought the first (and still think now) that threads like this can be problematic because it lends itself to generalisations about gay or lesbians communities being prevelant here or there which IMO matters very little. For the most part I'm happy to remain oblivous to these trends because unless I walked around clip board in hand and questioned everyone's sexual orientation, I wouldn't or really care to know.

for me the best way I determine a lot of these things is that I either put myself in their situation or do the blindfold test or the reverse test.

I can not put myself in a homosexual persons position cos Im not, I have lived with a gay housemate for a while but thats about it.

Blindfold test: this test I usually use for food/drink/consumables, ie if someone says some particular brand is the best and thats all they eat, then I propose a blind test, if you can tell the difference between a few major/common brands while blindfolded, be my guest and you have my uttermost respect, however, fail it and i suggest you dont mention it again as you clearly have no idea

lastly, the reverse test.
would you expect a homosexual person to put "yes im gay" on an application form or a survey, would you expect or warrant a question of "are you heterosexual" , if the answer is no, then judge people on other things that are more important and relevant.

all of the above mentioned, I am against gay marriages, if people want to be gay then live/defacto/partner all you want, a marriage is between a man and a woman, so it should be that way, deal with it, unless there are some substancial benefits to being married such as tax breaks (which I am not aware of). Just like 45 yr old women trying to have babies, if nature wanted 45 yr old people to have babies then you would be able to. Thats life, as you age you get wrinkles, men lose hair, some men lose it earlier, some later, its just a part of life, its not fair, but life is never fair!

Do landlords prefer tenants that wear glasses or not wear glasses. Obviously the ones that wear glasses are lot smarter so they should have higher paying jobs and not fall behind in their rent...

Well, I only have one friend who is gay..... he's chubby, messy and doesnt have a lot of money.
and the other gay guy I know has fathered a whole tribe.... both for him and his lesbian friends.
Stereotypes never work............

Highgate Hill-Annerley is starting to go that way in small pockets and the one item about Gay men is the style they can bring to a street,having lived next to 2 males doctors for 18 years,on one side and a high end legal person and his mate on the other the money they have spent over the years,then rip it all out and start again also the money they have is huge..but i don't know any that rent only investors..

I want to find tenants that carry the gene that enables them to roll their tongue.

I can be your tenant then! I can also touch my nose with my tongue, if that helps.
Unfortunately, I also dont fit the stereotype that people who can roll their tongue are tidy, so I may not end up being the best tenant....

Back