Geelong Members

I was thinking,
Out of the 1590 members on this forum there must be a few members/lurkers from the Geelong Area,
So with that in mind, what are your thoughts on getting together somwhere, to chat about investing in the Geelong region,
Regards Steven.

geelong

Even though i no longer live in Victoria, i would be interested in discussing Geelong and also other places further along the coast, particularly Warrnambool.

Good luck with getting a group of local forumites together....some of us Canberra forumites had lunch together recently and it was excellent !

Savanna

No Probs Savanna, Now If we can get some more forum members to add to the list, that will be great,
Good One Bill, look forward to meeting up with you,
Regards steven.

Hi Dose,
I look forward to meeting up with you and your husband, and the rest of the formites who have exspressed an interest in getting together,
I hope we can get some more formites to join us,
does anyone have sugestions on a venue for our First Meeting.
regards Steven,

Hi steven,

Im in lara and it would be great to get together with other investors in geelong.

add me to the list.

Jaypster.

I'd be interested in being part of a geelong group.

Has anything been organised regarding meeting with geelong forumites?

Tweaker.

Hi tweaker, nothing has been organised yet,
But now that a few have shown some interest in the idea,
I think now is a good time to arrange a date and venue,

How about 7.30pm Monday the 27th October ???
as to the venue, I was thinking maybe a quite pub? I know of one in Belmont that may suit our needs.

All feedback most welcome.

Regards Steve.

Hi Steve

I thought I'd 'bump' this up again.

Has anything come of getting a Geelong or Bellarine Peninsula group together?

How's the investment market around the Geelong and regional areas at the moment? Further down the coast the market seems to be roaring along, but as a mortgage broker, how do you see the state of the residential investment market in, say, Geelong itself?

How far out from Geelong do you service - Ballarat? Ocean Grove? ... Portland? .... Melbourne Western suburbs?

Cheers

Kristine

Hi,

I was also wondering if anything became of this?

We are in a great area, and as the years go on geelong and the surf coast will the melbournites great escape.

The current boom is nothing. In five years time we will have a ring road that can get from melbourne to surf coast in 1 hour.

We must get our minds working together. Use each other.

Hi Kristine and Jaypster,
The response for a Geelong group get together was a little disappointing, however I am still very keen to help organize a meeting, if anyone is interested you can contact me via e-mail, Phone, or simply reply to this thread.

Kristine, in answer to your other question, as a mortgage broker I service Victoria and interstate if required,
As for the state of the investment market in Geelong ? Not unlike other areas, I think prices have peaked, and demand has declined, If rates continue to rise cashed up buyers may be in a position to capitalize.

Jaypster,
One area I have been keeping a close eye on is Portarlington, as a coastal town I think it has a lot of potential in the near future, The new $3.5 Million passenger ferry launched last week, can ferry 350 passengers from Portarlinton to Melbourne in 45 Minutes.
Regards
Steven

Hi whitt,

Yeah lara is not a bad place, reasonable access to pretty much everything. I have just purchased a block of land just near the train station where i plan to build my first i.p.

I think it should do ok, and by the time its built ( around aug 2004 ) hopefully there should be some bargains around so i can purchase my 2nd.

I live in Geelong also, just bought an investment property, would like to learn more, if there is an active Geelong group I would like to meet some time.:)

Hi Mckeegan,
We are organizing a meeting for Wednesday 3rd March, I will post more details soon, Hope you can make it,
Regards Steve

OK Guys,

Time to get serious about a Geelong meeting, there seems to be at least 10 or so who have replied here indicating they would be interested in attending one in Geelong.

Steven you previously indicated the Belmont Hotel as a quiet place to meet, so shall we run with that???

How about a Monday night , say 7.00pm !!!

What are peoples thoughts on this arrangement, bearing in mind we need to make a decision or not meet at all.

Tweaker.

Hi Every one

Originally posted by steven

Jaypster,
One area I have been keeping a close eye on is Portarlington, as a coastal town I think it has a lot of potential in the near future, The new $3.5 Million passenger ferry launched last week, can ferry 350 passengers from Portarlinton to Melbourne in 45 Minutes.
Regards
Steven [/B]

This actually is a very big thing for investors and home owners on the Portarlington, Indented Heads coast as people can now commute to work within an hour from leaving their front door.

What concerns me however is that their is no adequate infrastructure at the moment to support a strong rental market eg hospitals, high schools, shops, public transport etc As people familiar with the area would know, it traditionally been an area full of holiday homes often empty for months at a time. Portarlinton in particular is busy with the tourist trade for a few months of the year then reverts back to the lovely sleepy retirement town it is.

IMHO ....Out of all the costal towns on the bellarine peninsula, Portarlington is prehaps the most undervalued.
Reasons...The majority of houses have spectacular views of the bay, You Yangs, and the city sky line and the city ferry has now started at the Pier each day. You can still pick up old holiday homes that are on the water.Absolute beach frontage in Portarlington for much less than the million dollar + price tag in other coastal towns.

What is interesting that I have not seen any sign of big developers at this stage. The caravan park owned by the council has been under threat for the last few years to be sold and developed but fortunately this has not happened yet. A big Marina has also been on the cards for years but this has also not eventuated.

I agree with Steven, this is one place to watch. So close to Melbourne ,specular views for almost every house and undervalued compared to other coastal towns.

Mrs Bird

Back