Gelato coloured house in St Kilda

:eek: you do wonder what people are thinking at times...although I guess compared to some I've seen it can be relatively easy to fix with lots of (neutral coloured) paint and a good sander!

Honestly... what are people thinking painting a house like that :eek:
Must have been a pot smoking hippy from the 70's who owned it last... LOL :D

Could be a bargain for someone - that colour scheme would put off a lot of people. Maybe it was an ad for a paint company????

We bought an IP for a good price once because the inside of the house was blue. Blue paint, blue carpet, blue kitchen, blue bath, blue basin.... you get the picture. A good coat of neutral paint transformed it. Fixtures are still blue but not overpowering.
Marg

MY BIGGEST CONCERN WITH THAT HOUSE IS THE OBVIOUSLY VERY DAMP PARAPET WALL.

also that "kitchen"....? $650k and all you get is a sink and an elec stove in a hollowed out chimney?

maybe not the best house in the street, but everyone says buy the worst house in the best street!

If you wish to be a winner this is a great site.....

Just Go For It!

600K for that tiny 1 room wide ancient $h1th01e !!!!

I reckon Penny the agent has been smoking the same gunja as the chap who painted the hovel.

That block must be all of 7m wide. I guess when you flush the toilet the surrounding neighbours would be well aware. How do Aussies fall for that ??

i was actually thinking i buying this place, i think it is good value at under $700k, think it will go a lot higher

just my opinion .

2 bedroom units sale for high $500's in the street

awesome area , st kilda is a great place to live,

I don't know if it's the camera or me but the internal area looks a bit out of level but all the windows give it away,but the kitchen looks like value.
willair..

Ahhh....see that's why I don't buy residential....I haven't got a clue what good value is.

Just cos i think it is value does not mean it is, time as always will be the judge!! I am getting a building report done, i would want to reno not knock over so if not structurally sound i will give it a miss:p

Um, it's a semi. Excuse my ignorance, but I wouldn't have though that was a possibility with a semi.

I think it's been used as a 5 bedroom boarding house hence no kitchen.

Um, it's a semi. Excuse my ignorance, but I wouldn't have though that was a possibility with a semi.

I think it's been used as a 5 bedroom boarding house hence no kitchen.

if the parapet wall is a double cavity then absolutely it is possible, but i'd be more worried about any heritage concerns.

I love it - It has so much potential - but I spent most of my adult life in St Kilda.

I'm even beginning to think that it might have been a half way house. If you look at the triangle thingy on the roof - even that has been painted green and gold. I mean who goes to so much trouble to paint something such ghastly colours.

i was actually thinking i buying this place, i think it is good value at under $700k, think it will go a lot higher

just my opinion .

2 bedroom units sale for high $500's in the street

awesome area , st kilda is a great place to live,

Just drove past and saw sold sign, i didn't go to auction as i heard interest was over $750k and i thought anything under $700k a bargain but just looked on net went for $812k :eek:

Glad i didn't waste my time on going to auction!

Dazz agent but have been smoking the gunga quoting it so low:D

Seriously that is a lot of money for a semi in that condition, imagine the yield if u just bought and rented out as in.

Back