geoff doidge seminar

W

WebBoard

has anyone been to geoff doidges renovation workshop/seminar in brisbane? if so what did u think of it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Thanks Michael,

I always consider a new idea another tool in my toolbox. Now instead of just having a hammer and thinking everything is a nail. I have a wider range of options to choose from to tackle a situation.

In regards to Geoff course... I have been toying with the idea of

1) Renovating units (1beds/studios) mainly because they're the cheapest thing in Sydney.

2) Developing a duplex. Of which I've done a couple of property development courses (by the way Hawksbury Uni of Western Sydney runs a 4day course last cost about $700 I think, give them a ring peoples).

But back to the question, would Geoff's course help with estimating costs, and give ideas how work out which features give most bang for buck?

Things like moving walls, flooring/painting, kitchens, bathrooms etc, I would like to develop the skills of being able to make cost estimates without the need to drag someone around if I'm looking at property.

Regards
Michael

Reply: 2

I just did Geoff's course, and found it great. I found it more a hands on approach, where useful renovating tips such as increasing the number of bedrooms through simple handy man work to increase the equity, is discussed. I am that sort of person where I like a practical approach on how refurbishing techniques can improve your resell of the property,equity and cashflow return. Also there is a panel of experts at the end of the course, a solicitor, a quantity surveyor, accountant, and a home loan officer, and plus you can get their details for further help. Being a engineer myself and through my own experiences in renovations I thought it was a great course and also learning further details of property investing.

cheers
Greg Coglan

Reply: 2.1

Thank you Michael, Michael & Greg for your constructive comments. I do appreciate input and consider it strongly for any future seminars.

For those interested, I do have a Property Renovation Workshop coming up on the 28th of April. For more information, please e-mail me on mailto:[email protected] or visit my web page at http://www.financialsuccesssystems.com/

Reply: 2.1.1

Geoff,

Michael Croft (aka Michael Croft in the old forum :) wrote about your seminar:

"case examples were predominantly of 'Queenslanders', all timber, on stumps, tin roofs etc. If you are from 'down south' the ideas are applicable but require modification, ie. some lateral thinking."

Do you have any plans to offer a seminar for Melburnians with particular emphasis on how we can apply some of your techniques 'down south'?

Cheers
Apprentice Millionaire
(aka Jacques in the old forum)

Reply: 2.1.1.1

Hi Jacques,
We are very conscious of giving value for money and recognizing the differences between states...so we plan to have people from the particular state share their renovation stories...bit like Jans book "story by story" as well as our own methods that have been a proven success in Brisbane. If we get our act together Melbourne would not be til June...the next Renovation Workshop in Brisbane is all day Sat April 28th.
Regards Geoff Doidge
[email protected]

Back