Geraldton (W.A) ????

Hi, I am interested in buying an investment property in Geraldton, Western Australia.

What do think about this place from an investor's point of view?

I have read Terry Ryder's hot spotting report and he has nominated this place having good prospects for strong capital growth. He is of the view that this town is still affordable in comparison with other west australian towns/cities, north of Perth. This town seems to have some mining activity going around, it seems to have life beyond mining & is not fully dependent on mining.

Which are the good areas for an investors point of view ?

I have a budget upto 450-500k, which can be further stretched if any subdivision/development opportunities present?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Anyone.........Please ???????????
Have you done a search on old posts about Geraldton?

There has been a lot of discussion in the past. Very nice town with plenty of opportunity, looks like things are moving forward with more employment chances.

Cheers
Graeme

i got one there. for subdivision you need at least 1000sqm blocks, however they do make some exceptions and it may be possible to subdivide just under that mark.
Wonthella have all the 1000 blocks. With your budget you could look at sunset beach, tarcoola beach or mt tarcoola.

I have just signed a site at Bluff.

lots happening - i wish my other half hadn't seen gero as a risk when i wanted to buy sites in Spalding for $13.5k (that's thirteen and a half thousand dollars).

*sigh*

Bluff Point is nice..I used to live there years ago. Parts of Spalding then were real bad...that area and Rangeway were where most of my clientele and their relatives resided when I wasnt locking them up.

Other nice areas Tarcoola Beach & Mt Tarcoola.

Bluff Point is nice..I used to live there years ago. Parts of Spalding then were real bad...that area and Rangeway were where most of my clientele and their relatives resided when I wasnt locking them up.

Other nice areas Tarcoola Beach & Mt Tarcoola.

it was just land though - i could have bought 5 with the credit card at those prices!

now worth 10x that.

yep I remember the cheap blocks of land available , around 2004, 2005 I saw a block in karloo (lower socio economic area, certainly not the best part of town, for $10,000 and they would have taken 8k for it. I almost bought it but decided against it as I would have to pay council rates.

I did however buy lots of cheap end houses in rangeway, spalding , waggrakine and beachlands. Of those areas beachlands and waggrakine have appreciated the most in value.

With the price range you have available I would be looking at land in drummond cove , blocks with ocean views around 120-130k, if you need a hand contact Ty Criddle from Ray White, I have found him to be a good agent. When I last spoke to him a few months back you could still buy a block in drummond cove and build a 4 x 2 for less than what a finished product was selling for and with oakagee going ahead all the areas up north should do well.

The cheaper suburbs have done really well for me but I got in early, to give you an idea of how much growth there has been in the outer suburbs (all for houses)

rangeway 2004 prices around 70k now selling 200k plus
waggrakine 2004 prices around 80k now selling for 230-270k
beachlands 80k now selling for 260k plus
spalding 2004 prices around 80k now selling for 200k plus

rents used to be around 120 - 150 a week in 2004 now around 230 -280 a week in these areas.

G'day all,

Thought I would revive this post and see if anyone has any new opinions on the Geraldton area.

It has so much going for it with new mines, a new port, agriculture, fore shore face-lift, and maybe the new site for the worlds most powerful telescope!!!!

What are your thoughts?

Cheers

Chippo

subdivision site available in Geraldton 2010

I have a 2,270 m2 site available to purchase, it's level and has all services available. It is large enough for 4 units ( subject to council approval ) and is under $200K if anyone is interested, John

Last edited:
G'day all,

Thought I would revive this post and see if anyone has any new opinions on the Geraldton area.

It has so much going for it with new mines, a new port, agriculture, fore shore face-lift, and maybe the new site for the worlds most powerful telescope!!!!

What are your thoughts?
Cheers

Chippo

They'll ship uranium out of the new port in the future?

just a thought though

Back