Get a Depreciation Report? just for 2 years ?

reno: new bathroom fixtures, timber floors, ducted aircon.
roughly 7-10 years ago.

owned for 3 years.
available for rent now. rent out for next 6 months and potentially sell then (worst case scenario)

Time limits on claiming Depreciation

Hi All

I bought an IP in NSW in October 2009. I had a depreciation schedule report prepared not long after settlement. I have not yet submitted my last two tax returns (yes...I am naughty!) and as such I have not used this report at all to date and have never claimed depreciation for this IP.

Recently I learnt that the report I obtained has numerous oversights with various depeciable items missing from the report. For example, air conditioning, ventilation fans, dishwasher, master antenna system, automatic gate motors, garage door motors, door closers etc.

Next week I intend ordering a new depreciation schedule from a more reputable company to replace the (unused) one from late 2009. When I submit my 2009/2010 and 2010/2011 tax returns, will I able to use the new depreciation report in support of any depreciation claims in these tax returns covering the depreciation period from October 2009 to date (despite the report post-dating the purchase date by about 2 years 5 months)?

Hope that makes sense. Thanks.

Angela :)

Oops!!

OOPS!! :eek: Sorry guys, I thought I did my post above as a new thread. Sorry to appear to be hijacking this thread!

If any moderators are able to fix my stuff up and make my last post the start of a new thread that would be great. If not, I look forward to any replies.

Angela :eek:

Angela, you would just get the new Depreciation Schedule to kick off on the same date as the existing one. No problem there.

I reckon you should just go back to the people who did the first one, though, and get them to include the things they missed. That way it's not going to cost you any extra.

Scott

Back