Get in before the end of the year?

Hi All,

Spotted a property of interest this weekend.

I was wondering what sort of chance I would have of lining everything up, i.e. building, pest, finance (should be evaluation only as I was recently approved for a more expensive property) before the end of the year?

i.e. to get the extra $3500 FHB boost.

Thanks

I was wondering what sort of chance I would have of lining everything up, i.e. building, pest, finance (should be evaluation only as I was recently approved for a more expensive property) before the end of the year?

You should be fine. If you exchange contracts today subject to a cooling off period, and you don't pull out, the exchange date is today -so you qualify for what's left of the FHOB (boost).

Solicitors are working 3 days next week. P&B guys hopefully the same. PM me if you need a recommendation if you can't get anyone. But you should be fine.

Everything hinges on the date you sign the contract.

So if you sign before the 31st December you will be fine - naturally so long as you complete the purchase. Just don't let the extra money cloud your judgment.
Marg

You should be fine. If you exchange contracts today subject to a cooling off period, and you don't pull out, the exchange date is today -so you qualify for what's left of the FHOB (boost).

Solicitors are working 3 days next week. P&B guys hopefully the same. PM me if you need a recommendation if you can't get anyone. But you should be fine.

Just to add to that, it usually doesnt concern me in gaining access to our solicitors prior to end of year (xmas, new years etc), what does though is you need to check with the vendors solicitor if they will be available, you need 2 parties to exchange. Good luck!

Hi All,

Spotted a property of interest this weekend.

i.e. to get the extra $3500 FHB boost.

Thanks

It's not only the Solicitors...It's the banks.

I hope you are with Westpac! Good luck getting those docs! Hm-m. :)

Regards JO

It's not only the Solicitors...It's the banks.

I hope you are with Westpac! Good luck getting those docs! Hm-m. :)

Regards JO

What's with the bank ? I thought that so long the contract are signed and exchanged before the end of year then the FHOG will be effective????

Apparently as long as bank finance is done by this date its fine? That what I have been told... is this true or does it have to be the full deal?

Back