Get in the queue for an Australian property boom

Well now the media has picked up on what I've been experiencing (and posting about) for the last several months.

The early readers comments seem to be in denial. But everyone's entitled to their opinion. But the market does what the market does and it does not care about opinions (mine or anybody else's).

the market is definitely tightening in Perth - supply has dropped to 12000 and a lot of the properties I have been watching have cleared

and probably paid for...

a bit like opening the courier mail these days - it's a bit of a game of pick the article as opposed to the marketing piece!

Still, it does confirm some of what I have been hearing...seems to be some activity in the higher end brisbane market too...

the market is definitely tightening in Perth - supply has dropped to 12000 and a lot of the properties I have been watching have cleared

will that big Chinese mineral deal affect things over there??

a mate of mine works for a communications company based in perth and already had a contract with that group (can't remember the name off the top of my head) - he is laughing all the way to the bank now his 50k sales every few months will go up by a factor of 10!!:eek:

Its scary the amount of influence the RE industry has on the media (specifically newspapers) .

They give them so much revenue for their advertising, most publications just bend over and let them write what they want. Fiction or not, over hyped propaganda, doesn't matter. Just show us the money.

and probably paid for...

a bit like opening the courier mail these days - it's a bit of a game of pick the article as opposed to the marketing piece!

Still, it does confirm some of what I have been hearing...seems to be some activity in the higher end brisbane market too...

absolutely...

and we wonder why there is a perceived housing bubble!:p

if the industry and the housing industry had their way we'd see prices doubling yearly!

Last edited:
Its scary the amount of influence the RE industry has on the media (specifically newspapers) .

They give them so much revenue for their advertising, most publications just bend over and let them write what they want. Fiction or not, over hyped propaganda, doesn't matter. Just show us the money.

Yep and The West Australian has to be the worst culprit of this in the country. No surprise here I guess, it's a tabloid rubbish newspaper, but the problem is the punters eat it up. The amount of propoganda being printed recently about the property market is astonishing, and it's steadily getting worse. This will be a self fulfilled mini-boom of sorts I would say. The market in Perth has really only plateued for 12-18 months and now it's taking off again??

I think this is a short term aberration in the market, and will be ironed out over the next year or two. Property is expensive at the moment, and unlikely to be subject to a sustained boom over the next few years.

no one wants a boom except for RE agents.

just normal, steady growth please.
Ditto!

In fact, all I really want at present is a solid floor under prices and inflation rate growth for a few years. That would see my Mona Vale project as entirely viable with a nice margin in it. Anything above that is all just bonus stuff.

But we are at good affordability levels now rates are so historically low. If they hold at this level for too long then they will kick off some price rises until rates start to get set at a more normal level.

Funny to be an investor that would like rates up a percent or two in order to stop the speculative style of investing getting out of hand and running the risk of causing havoc to our local property market. Steady as she goes please...

Cheers,
Michael

must be some filtering going on - there were some truly horrendous articles published over the last couple of years. I know every week there for about a month there were large articles talking about SW properties halving in value - Tim Treadgold raising it a couple of times. It made it clear there was no pandering to the advertisers, which I found surprising

Back