Get paid to go to a NII property seminar...

Hi folks,
This isn't strictly about a property deal and I'm not sure if Caveat Emptor is the place for it, so if not, please tell me. I've placed it in meeting point as well.

A lot of people here would have heard of the National Investment Institute and some might even have gone to their introductory or advanced seminars.
I don't really have any association with the company but a friend of mine is in the 'Platinum Club', whatever that is, which means that for each person he gets to go to a basic seminar and a meeting, he gets a referral fee. These seminars normally cost $45 but he gets his referrees (if that's a word) in for free. Not only is it free but if you go to the consultation after the event (where they try and sell you on an expensive seminar) then my 'Platinum Club' friend and I will give you $15, and $25 for every friend that YOU refer. There is no obligation at all on your part to go to the more expensive seminar. They're paying just to have the chance to see if you want to. (And it works from a business point of view).
The money's not huge but hey! you're spending a night learning some new things about making money from property and you're getting paid for it.
I haven't done the expensive course myself (cos it's too expensive) but from what I've seen it has a lot of great information.
Obviously if you've already been to a consultation with NII you wouldn't be eligible for the $15 for going yourself but you could still refer people you think might be interested and get the $25 referral fee.
No friends? that's OK, just come along for the information (and $15).
This is a totally legitimate offer, if you're interested or have any questions then please email me at [email protected].
Cheers,
James

G'day Jimmy,

Caveat Emptor is probably the best place to post a "deal" like this (not quite what we were expecting when compiling the rules). After re-reading the rules, I can't see where you have contravened any - so, for the moment, your post stands.

However, under Rule 8, I can delete any post at any time for any reason - and I will be guided by other posters and their comments about your deal.

I will now leave it to the members to decide this one....

Les
Caveat Emptor Moderator

Opinions of NII in this forum are not really complimentary. And opinions of HK even less so (search the forum).

Given that, I'd be inclined to let this post stand, and let people judge for themselves. I don't think we should be stopping posts from people whose opinions differ from ourselves.

But for rentzent.
I haven't done the expensive course myself (cos it's too expensive) but from what I've seen it has a lot of great information.
That's a helluva ask, to suggest that other people go to even an intro seminar, which promotes another eminar you don't want to go to yourself. That probably says enough ion itself.

I've had a long hard think about what is being proposed... and while my first impression was "spam"... and my second impression was "scam"... I've pondered a little more and come to the conclusion that what they are attempting is multi-level-marketing for NII seminars.

Why not ? Their popularity and wide spread-availability make them almost a commodity product to be traded.

So someone gets money for a bum-on-seat. That someone is willing to offer people money as an incentive to get others to "join the plan", and even more money if those people also bring other people.

Sounds like classic network marketing to me !

Don't take this as an endorsement or an approval - I still think it's a bad idea - but who am I to stand in the way of entrepreneurialship (gee that's a long word).

Sounds like classic network marketing to me !
Some might think that a very cynical interpretation of network marketing, Sim. My view is that this scheme falls into the same category as "rent a crowd". Eg the friends and relatives used to appear at open for inspections and auctions and media events and political rallies to give the appearance that something is more popular than it really is. Clever marketing or unethical? Has it crossed over the line of acceptability?

Regards, Mike

Ok, how many of our 'opinions' above, are based on actual attendance of the seminars?

It's easy, to take a shot at something you haven't participated in.

The Hanna's have also copped flak in this forum, from people who make a judgement on the brochures or 'what they've heard'.......

I have read posts about some people who have gone on to buy/option $25m of property since going to a HK seminar, then see others pontificate about how worthless it is........ yet they own sweet 'very little' IP's.

Then there are others who make moral judgements on the rights/wrongs on whether it is ethical to employ an apprentice and what it means. SHEESH!!!!!

How about sticking to the FACTS.... and expressing an opinion based on EXPERIENCE......not some imagined slight

Renzent has posted this in the right area, so I vote to leave it here (whether I agree with it or not).... after all...... it is 'buyer beware'

Actually New Dad Soon, I'm rather surprised that there haven't been more direct attacks on the fact that these are NII seminars. In fact I don't think any of the posts have been attacking that - mine certainly wasn't, it was commenting on the offer that was put in the post to be paid to attend - irrelevant that it is NII.

Do you have an example of what you think is an attack on the NII here ?

Multi-level Marketing? Sure is. A nifty little variation on the same. I sat through 1/2 an evening with Henry Kaye (invited by a friend I didn't want to let down, while he explained the concept - got tired of it 1/2 way through).

Basically, he's worked out that it's worth it to *pay* people to promote his seminars, instead of paying for large ads in papers that are no longer working so well. Ads 'used to' work well, he said, but have reached a point of diminshing retursn. OK, time for a different strategy.

This way, he turns a whole bunch of people into salespeople for his products (courses). He pays the people for referrals, and that way he gets 'qualified' leads (ie, people who've already expressed an interest in getting rich). After that, he said 'it's just salesmanship' - ie, working on the leads to get them to sign up for the big $$ course.

Even I have to admire the man's ability to turn a dollar (or rather, lots of dollars) his way. MLM supremo.

Ahhh MLM you've got to love to hate it :)

Just a question, whats NII's strategy for a falling market ?

Any HK trainees around ?

Hi,

NII/HKis basically for 'A' type personalities (most are sub 30 and driven) and it is about property as a business vehical for NII and participants. Investing is a by product of the activities/money generated by the business.

The ethics of the recruitment campaigns are debatable and the campaigns themselves all based on numbers. The 'hooks' ($15 or $25 or free tickets) are designed to put bums on seats. Statistically their conversion rate to the $10-15K seminars is in direct proportion to the numbers of 'A' types attending and the sales skills of those involved.

Q. Is the course (any course) worth it? A. One persons meat is anothers poison. All of the info is in the public domain for $0, they simply package it (at a price).

regards, Michael Croft

... the campaigns themselves all based on numbers. The 'hooks' ($15 or $25 or free tickets) are designed to put bums on seats. Statistically their conversion rate to the $10-15K seminars is in direct proportion to the numbers of 'A' types attending and the sales skills of those involved.

Yup, you're oh so correct about the conversion rate being in direct proportion... they've tested it & measured it & know it works...

Though you forgot to mention 'paying leads' in the hooks. That's the one where NII/HK pays people (I forget whether it was $250 or $300) to give him qualified leads - the way HK explains it to, people can make at least much/perhaps more money being paid by him for getting him leads than they actually can in their business... As you say, once they've got them bums on seats... then it's a simple matter of the numbers of people attending & the sales skills of those involved. (The latter being relatively high mine t'inkit). The amount of $$ being paid for leads gives one an idea of the value generated by sales.

As for ethics? Huh? Whady'a say again?

just an aside, you'd have to pay me a lot more than $15 to put up with HK for X hours

im assuming that his strategy hasnt changed - it has worked _very_ well in the past, but im yet to see what he suggests for a flat market....

if anyone wants to go check it out then let me know (im interested) id love to be pleasantly suprised !

yes, im a cynic (who just has better things to do with his time)

/me goes off to clean the bathroom

:p

Interesting $15 gift per person. Obviously HK knows what his client acquisition cost is. Individual people aren’t predictable but larger numbers are. I’ll guess he is working on the methodology of 100 people and 3 will sign up.

So the math’s on that would be $1500 to get 100 people 3 sign therefore $1500/3 = $500 cost p/client. What’s his product profit margin possibly $2000 or more.

So he invests $1500 to get $6000.

Not bad!

And I’d reckon his conversion rate would be higher than 3%.

Mr Ed.

BTW, I haven’t been to a HK seminar and only know of him via this forum so it would be unfair for me to bag him as I know little of him but that’s good marketing regardless of what he sells.

Last year I was invited to their seminar.
Rather than turning down, I decided to turn up to see what it was all about.
Upon arriving they asked us to sign a declaration to say that we were not accountants or lawyers. I think they must have encountered problems with accountants and lawyers that these professions are allowed into their meetings.
The whole meeting was full of testimonies from the people who did the courses explaining how many properties they have purchased, etc. And a few minutes of video by HK showing us how many properties he has purchased recently and his mezzanine (secondary) mortgage concept. He spoke so fast that's enough to excite some and at the same time confuse others.
A few days later a couple of his sale guys called me up asking me to make appointments to see their staff. I refused.
Then a couple later another company called me up to sell me mezzanine fund that they claimed has been setup by NII.

OK- that stirred up a bit of a hornets nest.
I repeat- I am not affiliated with NII.
As Carmel said, the company is willing to give out $250 for qualified leads. After tax, and splitting between my Platinum Club friend and myself it's worthwhile for me to offer people $15 to attend and $25 for their friends.
This MLM type thing has nothing to do with NII apart from the $250 referral fee. They have nothing to do with the $15/$25 'hooks'. That's just my attempt at being entrepreneurial.
It was intended for people who were interested in attending a NII property seminar anyway (I guess this wouldn't apply to XBenX) and this way could make a little money as well.

Aceyducey- It could be a bad way of keeping your aquaintances. Friends should appreciate a chance to gain knowledge at no cost.
Assuming they're newbies of course- this offer wan't really intended for experienced property people... presumably they've already carved a niche for themselves.

Thinking about it, this probably wasn't the best forum to post this offer on considering the anti-HK sentiment, but again it's meant for starters looking for some free information at a good quality seminar.

Geoffw- I see what you mean about it being a helluva ask. But I DO want to do the course, as soon as I have that kind of money lying around. If you're the kind of person who gets a lot out of seminars then I think it's worth doing. From what I've heard from the people who have done it, there's a lot of information, and a lot of graduates have gone on to make a lot of money. I didn't want to sound too enthusiastic before in case people thought I was associated with NII (which it seems they do, anyway, so... :rolleyes:)

Sim- not scam, maybe a bit spammy but mostly just trying to exercise my entrepreneurialship (that can't be a word).

Mike- ahhhh, no. Not rent-a-crowd. Maybe buy-a-prospect.

Thanks Les, for letting the post stand for the time being.

Cheers, James

PS Sorry about post length

Back