Get paid to go to a NII property seminar...

Interesting thoughts, guys.

Whilst I dont have the time, nor really care enough to argue this point at length, anyone who wants to know just how honourable some MLM companies are, and how much they have contributed towards the economy, should read Rich De Vos' book "Compassionate Capitalism". It is published by Dutton. ISBN: 0-525-93803-6
Rich De Vos is co-founder of the Amway Corporation.

Kevin H,

If you would like to email or PM me, I would be happy to give you the names and contact details of some MLM millionaires. They are real live people that I have met in the flesh. If their time permits, I am sure they would be happy to talk to you, if you are at all curious about them or their lifestyles.

Lastly, something I neglected to mention in my last post is that there are different types of MLMers. The ones who continue hounding you after you have said "No thanks, piss off!" are to be avoided and they give the industry a bad name. Not all of them are like that though. Why waste your time trying to talk someone into something they do not want?

Regards,
Hob

I was once invited to an evening with friends. There must have been a communication problem. It was 7PM- I understood it was for dinner. MrsW and I brought along a bottle of wine.

Yes, it was a "business opportunity".

And that phrase has always given me the sheets.

It was A*way, and it was bikkies and tea. And I ended up very hungry- and even angry.

But at least it prepared me for the time when my parents offered me a business opportunity.

The"BO" usually reveals nothing. People usually don't tell you anything until you come along for the presentation (unless you ask specifically, is this "A*way"?)

It does seem like underhanded marketing to me.

Though the products being marketed 12 years ago were remarkably similar to those being marketed ten (or more) years before- and the marketing spiels were also the same.

I would not really be surprised to see the same pitches now.

My Experieces with NII

LOL .. "... you must meet with me.., I have a great Business Opportunity I think you would find very interesting!"

---
Geoff & Others,

I have a few friends who have given me the above line every week for the past 8 weeks.
Where did it start .. well, NII as a matter of fact .. my impression is they have caught the network marketing bug, and they have been exposed to multiple 'great deals' (related to NII or not) ...

Good on them for having a go ... but with two of them I'm seeing they are slowly looking on forums such as this, looking at the real market, reading books, etc (ie, getting a balanced view of the world of 'wealth creation') and they are realising that they are not up for the level of risk many of these business opportunities may present --> what happens ? .. they realise that network marketing is a great way to present the high risk ventures they can't afford to get into... they don't need any capital and only risk some time.

Re: the false advertising claim from ASIC toward NII: (http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/03/04/1046540187771.html)
My view is that many of the claims made by NII are rather adventerous, and anyone with a reasonable level of business knowledge gets turned off by there marketing 'glitz'.

Don't get me wrong ... the reason I'm here and actively looking at properties (and refining my strategy for the 1st purchase :p), is because I attended an Introductory seminar @ NII .... luckily I'm a natuaral sceptic of people that make big claims and flash 'proof' up on screens, so I was able to think about how many hours I could spend researching a balance view of the property market during $15,000 worth of my time.

In summary (yes, on 20 lines to go :p) - I say great post - interesting views all round. I would suggest non-compulsive gamblers to go to the NII seminar but bring a big fat sceptic hat and apply common sense to every strategy.

Ask some dificult questions to the presenter, and if they brush you off, then they don't deserve your business. In the end, look at this... your currently getting paid $30 per hour after tax, then you must be able to justify someone such as Henry Kaye (through his course) can offer you more than you can gain through 500, yes, 500 hours of your time ! ($15,000/ $30).

I rekon 50% of posters on this forum could come up with their own program and network marketing strategy in this amount of time, let alone actually learn how to make money through property.

Closing advice to those I have confused:
1) Goto as many free seminars as you can, but don't buy anything until you have reached step 5.
2) Get on as many forums as possible and read & make posts challenging your views / others. Also read as many info books, how to books, etc ... as soon as you find a good one, find one which challenges it's views or show you another angle.
3) Join a monthly group discussion or get regular dialog with a balanced group (ritch and poor), .. i joined the Melbourne monthly open forum and gained about $500++ worth of experience in 3 hours...
4) Start to look at property yourself and come up with your own strategies. Test them and see what the market is like in reality.
5) Now you may be in a position to effectively assess whether as costly seminar or program may be worthwile.

In closing (for the beginners to property investment) - you will find that the NII's of this world will come and go as the booms come and go. When the market slows and rates rise (?) .. these guys will disappear I expect, when another booms comes, their strategies will work (albiet ?% of the time). Beware, and ask yourself.. if their strategies are that good, why teach a bunch of 'mugs' and run around trying to sell things when you can make millions of bucks using the strategies.

Cheers!

CoolStyle ;)

Back