Getting a loan

:(
Recently I accepted a redundacy package and have not been working for the last 3 months ( and luving it)
Currently 2 invest prop positively geared and well as principal residence (fully paid) My question is , and I think I know the answer already. Would any mortgage provider provide finance if I dont have a job and an income stream Or do I have to go out to work again before looking for a further investment property.

Hi BKH,

With enough equity, which it sounds like you have, getting a low-doc or n-doc loan should not be a problem. An independent finance broker should be able to help you.

Glenn

BKH

You sure can get a loan. Have you heard of low doc loans. They are for self employed etc who can't verify their income. You can get upto 80% of the value of your property. Rates may be slightly higher, but Suncorp have a low doc policy on their loans at normal rates.

So what you could do is get a LOC on your home which is fully paid off. You can then use the 20% deposits from thsi account for your new loans. If done carefully using positively geared property, you could potentially go on borrowing forever.

Good Luck

TH

BKH

I have moved this thread to the finance forum so that it may attract the interest of the financially literate!

asy :D

Thanks fellow members. I had never thought of a lo doc but then I dont know much about them.

I will investigate these avenues

Hello Paul

Welcome to the Forum

Glad to see another mortgage broker joining our ranks.

However, it sometimes takes a while for newcomers to realise this is not an advertising forum.

Many contributors have / run businessess of one sort or another, from maintenance services to IT consultancy, repairing shower screens, insurance brokers, financial planners, painters, bricklayers etc.

If someone has a special opportunity this can be posted in the Caveat Emptor part of the forum, but this doesn't mean 'special offers', just 'special opportunities'.

So, many of us have some product or service which would be of benefit to other investors, and we can describe ourselves fully in our Personal Profile page. For example, I'm looking for a good general insurance broker at the moment, and I would be very happy if someone from the forum contacted me.

However, general etiquette requires us not to openly tout for business when answering posts (but we are all guilty of this at times). Many of us have our business contact details below our signatures, and we all have our own unique way of contributing to the general discussions.

Most of all, over time this forum has developed a nurturing atmosphere: We all ask, contribute, support, encourage, caution etc without asking anything of each other. To answer a post merely for the purpose of promoting our roof tiling business or drainage service would be impolite and opportunist to say the least.

Please continue to contribute, leave your signature in, expand your profile etc perhaps you may care to tell us a little about yourself - us 'old hands' are always pleased to welcome fresh faces and to wish you every success

Cheers

Kristine

InvLoanAnalyst,

Ditto Kristine.

I'm an investor, not a broker myself - so wanted you to realise that this wasn't a case of Kristine protecting her turf but is indeed the way this forum operates.

There are a number of very good mortgage brokers on this forum & many forumites use one of them...why - because they have DEMONSTRATED that they are good through their contributions to this forum.

I suggest that you consider how you could positively contribute to this forum in a similar manner to demonstrate why people should contact you.

It's a matter of building up your reputation through actions - direct advertising really doesn't cut it with forumites, they're not here looking to be sold but looking for supportive advice.

In fact direct advertising has in the past led to several people being banned from this forum altogether & personally I can say that the people who have taken a direct advertising route are unlikely to ever get business from me!

Enjoy the forum - are you an investor as well as a broker? Most of our resident experts on broking, accounting, law, etc tend to be.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Hi BKH

An ABN thats one day old should get you LVRs of 65 % at somewhat normal rates.

An LVR above that will see a hefty premium on rate.

ta
rolf

Back