Getting rid of the Carbon Tax

Well, I don't whether that's correct or not, but it certainly appears to be an idea growing on Mr Abbott's mind.

Given the backflipping and lying that Julia Gillard has undertaken, it would be political suicide for Abbott to not repeal the Big Tax On Everything once he is in power. He would be deposed from the Liberal leadership far quicker than Kevin Rudd was.

Belbo,

You've been caught out lying and twisting and contorting what I said, you admit as much, then go on to counter that regardless of what I said, someone else implied something completely different and that somehow reflects on me ?? Turn it up - you're a joke.

Given the backflipping and lying that Julia Gillard has undertaken, it would be political suicide for Abbott to not repeal the Big Tax On Everything once he is in power. He would be deposed from the Liberal leadership far quicker than Kevin Rudd was.

Yes, it will certainly be excruciating to observe. I trust you'll be among the first to howl for his head on that day, Aaron.

Belbo will argue ANYTHING!

Let's not feed the trolls.

....agreed - but it just wrecks the thread Sunfish, and anyone coming on here reading that spiffle he writes, if they don't know any better, might actually believe the smoke and mirrors charade he puts forward.

It's disappointing when it's your thread, that's all. I just wish he'd go and start his own thread, spiffling on about whatever he wants, rather than wreck mine.

Belbo, in point order, give me 10 criteria of a conservative. If you throw the term around, you must be able to define it.

I ask so I deny the majority of them.

Edit: Nothing wrong with being a conservative! Or was that Gay?

Belbo, in point order, give me 10 criteria of a conservative. If you throw the term around, you must be able to define it.

I ask so I deny the majority of them.

Edit: Nothing wrong with being a conservative! Or was that Gay?

In closing, there is nothing wrong with being a gay conservative.

Thanks for that Hi Equity.

Unfortunately I was looking for the list of 500 companies that will be liable.

I also read the wormy worm statement at the base of the sheet (see below), which renders everything on the sheet completely and utterly useless.

Please note that the material in this fact sheet is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon for the purpose of a particular matter.

Does anyone have anything at all that can be relied upon ??

Does anyone have anything at all that can be relied upon ??

I very much doubt it Dazz. I'm not aware of any definitive list in the public domain and I very much doubt we will ever see one. Just as there is no definitive list of liable entities for the GST, Company Tax, Payroll Tax, Renewable Energy Target, MRRT, etc etc etc. Government never publishes this data for any tax or liability as it would contravene the Privacy Act. Just as it doesn't tell everyone the contents of my tax return either - something to be thankful for!

The criteria for becoming a liable entity is clearly outlined in the fact sheet and in the legislation. The liable entities know who they are. They are free to publicise that fact if they wish and many have eg AGL, Origin, TRUEnergy to pick some obvious ones. But there can't be a definitive list anyway as the companies who are liable will keep changing year to year as their emissions change. If you can find a way to reduce your emissions below the threshold you are no longer liable and vice versa so the govt doesn't even know anyway until the emissions data comes in.

Back