Getting Started

W

WebBoard

That first step .. how ???
Date: 6/11/00
Time: 9:19:53 PM

After a divorce that removed a house from my possession, and changing jobs/countries a couple of times .. how is that all-important first-step taken? I've finally "seen the light" on IP's, but currently as a renter, how is that first step made???

We hear about Peter Spann, Henry Kaye, after they've made it, and their steps, but they don't seem to mention those very first days when they had zero, and how they made that all-important beginning .. (Perhaps I am ill-informed about these gentlemen and what they offer, so any corrections would be greatly welcome)

For a start, I'm now gearing my share holdings to increase my share market exposure (I thoroughly recommend http://www.fool.com for investment strategies), but .. What's next while monitoring the shares and waiting for their expected appreciation? How do I keep moving positively in the wealth direction?

Any comments/suggestions/advice? Jack [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Will

Reply: 1

Re: That first step .. how ???
Date: 6/12/00
Time: 11:07:45 PM

Jack meet Seow , Seow meet Jack. Seow wants to buy a property with a partner. Jack wants to get started.

Jack talks to Seow about what property suits his needs. price range etc.

Jack goes out looking for property.

Jack makes silly offers. (about land value)

Jack finds desperate vendor who sells way below market price.

Jack has arrangement with Seow that if he can find a property for Seow below market Seow will pay him the difference between the independent valuers fee and the price Seow paid.

EG Market value $200k

Seow accepted offer $140k

valuation $160k Seow pays Jack $20k or a %age thereof for a success performance

or instead of cash Jack takes equity in the property for $20 and gets any future share of capital gain.

He posts his story on this page and lots of people ask Jack to buy for them...they are too busy..and he is not...He is up & away an investor...

Hey we forgot one thing ...have you got the guts and more importantly Jack have you got the knowledge...to buy for some one else ,,,? Why should they trust you!!!

Waiting will

Will

Reply: 1.1

Re: That first step .. how ???-Have a go Jack!-b a entrepreneur
Date: 6/12/00
Time: 11:49:23 PM

Document everything and agree everything up front esp what could go wrong and how you both would handle it, profit share, exit strategy, etc. Will

Reply: 1.1.1

Thanks Will .. appreciate comments [nt]
Date: 6/13/00
Time: 2:17:57 PM

Back