Getting Started

W

WebBoard

Taking the time to breathe
Date: 20 Oct 2000
Time: 15:38:32

Hi

Something profound stuck me the other day as I was sitting in a local park feeding the ducks.

It was simply that I had never bothered to take the time to breathe. After all, breathing is one of those involuntary actions which you cannot avoid, your body just keeps on doing it until you die.

But sitting there, by the pond, with the sun on my back and actually taking the time to breathe - not because I had to, but because I wanted to - was a truly liberating feeling.

Some of you may think that I may have had a bit too much sun and it softened my head ...maybe so, but right then I made a decision to take the time to breathe for five minutes every day. It's my time to live, not because I have to but because I want to.

And the great thing about this is I feel a lot better for doing it and the ability to do it has absolutely nothing to do with property investing.

Give it a go - it works for me.

Steve McKnight

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee Cee

Reply: 1

Re: Taking the time to breathe
Time: 20:20:49

Yeah Steve it sorta sounds like a few comments that a wise old guy said to me years back.

Always remember it is not just the destination but the journey that is the most enjoyable part.

Try to climb the ladders that YOU want to climb and not everyone else thinks you should.

I was placed in the only available bed in hospital last week and that was in the Cardiac Ward.

After being there I will always remember to Enjoy The View Along The Way. So many of those people both young & old would just love to be able to get out & Smell The Roses.

Gee Cee

Geoff W

Reply: 1.1

Date: 23 Oct 2000
Time: 21:38:08

Hey Gee Cee,

Great to see you back online and making such great positive contributions.

Sorry I won't be in Sydney this time around. I hope we can get together the next time around. But I've only got a beat-up Telstar. So I won't park next to you. (I can't even remember what type of car you were drooling over at the last luncheon!)

You did damn well to start buying property when all of your mates were buying brand new cars (although spending what I am on beat-up wrecks, there must be a better way). It's contributions that people like yourself that are making the complacent people like myself wake up (the sort of person who scoffed before).

There's lots of people who think this is craziness. I had one property, and didn't want to do any more. I was all into things like Tea Tree plantations and other sure things like that. A drunken lunch conversation put me onto Peter Spann, hence onto Jan Somers, Investment property, and "real" investments. My non-lose tea tree investment is now costing me $50,000 in real money, payable to the tax department- not just a tax-effective investment. I could say I wish I'd met up with people like you before that happened- but I would not have listened. I needed to learn lessons painfully.

I know there's heaps of skeptics out there. I was one, and I work with heaps. I came back inspired by the Spann forums, and I feel like I had an immediate cold shower. But that's cool (so to speak). The less competition there is out there the better. One day I'll be like you, out of the rat race.

So thanks for the contributions. Look forward to reading your contributions, and maybe seeing you again

Geoff W

(Not the seminar Geoff)

road pilot

Reply: 1.1.1

Time: 23:44:57

I heard a story a couple of days ago from a friend who had a workmate...

this person worked for 40 odd years in a company hardly ever taking a sickday... he had accumulated 2 years worth of them, so 2 years before retirement he took the time off.

1year and a half years into his time off....... he died!

I say live life! Its great to have goals but enjoy the gifts that life brings, or life might just pass you by.

Planning doesn't just involve accumulating assets.

ciao

Back