Getting Started

W

WebBoard

investing for beginners and those with no time
Date: 20 Oct 2000
Time: 15:38:42

Is there anyone in Perth who can point me in the direction to consider RE Any thoughts on locations to look at to consider Any info would be appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick

Reply: 1

Re: investing for beginners and those with no time
Date: 21 Oct 2000
Time: 12:27:33

Whatever areas you are looking into you should always take the time to research and drive around the streets getting a feel for the place and property values..... Points you need to research are low unemployment, low rental vacancy rates, high population growth, high employment in or around nearby area, govt funded developments or redevelopments in area that are either under way or are in the planning processes....

I prefer brick & tile villas units townhouse for lower maintenance, that are new or near new for maximum building & fittings depreciation in an area that's close to transport or within easy walking distances for employment, schools, medical, recreational facilities.....Hope this has started your thought process a bit more as to what some of the points you need to look for.

Cheers, Rick - Perth

Bob

Reply: 1.1

Re: investing for beginners and those with no time
Date: 23 Oct 2000
Time: 17:30:00

Many thanks for the info. I have been doing a little of the RE investing with the renovation of a house that I live in and then sell. I usually sell my house thru an agent and sell within days of the listing. Time has come that I have done enough of the hard renovating work and should now look at the Investment side and consider my retirement.

Looking at your comments then the areas to look at would be Balga-gov funding for renewing the area. Alternative area to look around a trainline.Are we looking at a lower price property ie 70-80K or units in the maylands, mt Lawley area. I live in Busselton. Houses are hard to rent in Busselton and purchase price appear to be over the top. eg Houses are on the market for well over 8mths and start at approx nov each year to catch the tourist at a high price and stay that way until a sucker comes along. Collie has too many houses for sale--prices are good,rent return 100-120/wk for a $40K house.No work in Collie. Bunbury has a few of the lower price houses however rent would be battling to cover mortgage. It is a curious start to RE investing.

Regards Bob M

Back