Getting Started

W

WebBoard

If only I'd decided then
Date: 27 Oct 2000
Time: 23:30:15

It's Saturday midnight and I have just COME home from work and hubby has GONE to work.(oh the life of the rat race) I wish I was with the melbournians wining and dining and talking property at the steak-house. I hope you all had a good time. Anyway I came across this little poem and its so darn true.

I hesitate to make a list Of opportunities I've missed, Investments that were in my grip I watched them through my fingers slip, Prime properties I should have bought, were lost because of over-thought, I thought of this, I thought of that, I could have sworn I smelled a rat, And while I thought things over twice, Another grabbed them at the price. It seems I always hesitate, Then make my mind up much too late. A very cautious man am I And that is why I never buy. I chose to think and as i thought They brought the house I should have bought! The golden chances I had then Are lost and will not come again. Today I cannot be enticed For everything's so overpriced. The deals of yesteryear are dead; The markets soft and so's my head! At times a teardrop drowns my eye I had the chance, but did not buy, And now life's saddest words I pen- IF ONLY I'd DECIDED THEN.

Last edited by a moderator:
Geoff1

Reply: 1

Re: If only I'd decided then
Date: 29 Oct 2000
Time: 21:33:02

Hi Marina, I hesitate to disagree,

I don't like that poem at all...

it seems to say there are no opportunities now ...

they were there yesterday...

but not today...not true ...

I have never seen so many opportunities for people who are ready to take action...

who are not too tired from working the rat race... who are in the market...they are everywhere...

leave the house enter the market-place and they will appear ...

no-one comes knocking on your door and says

"Here is a bargain" No...they are under bushes...

behind over grown yards in deceased estates...

at mortgagee auctions in forced sales ...

in short everywhere... if you look and no-where if you don't...

I hate the words "if only" they smell of a lost life... living in the past...

an ignorance of the present...

and a disregard for the opportunities of the future...

never ever use those words " if only"

That really got me going...eh?

Regards geoff1

Marina L

Reply: 1.1

Re: If only I'd decided then-To Geoff 1
Date: 30 Oct 2000
Time: 08:39:11

Comments
Hi Geoff, I came across this poem at a seminar that I went to and we all really Liked It.I'm sorry you didn't feel the same way. It in no way reflects my attitude. I am a doer and not a gonna.I decided to get into property this year and I bought 3.THERE ARE A LOT OF OPPORTUNITES LEFT. This is how I interpreted the poem. It is a about an old old man who had opportunities to buy property a long time ago but as the poem said he hesitated.Now that he is( say for arguments sake) 90years it is too late for him. The golden chances he had then are lost and will not come again.

THE ONLY THING THAT STOPS MOST PEOPLE BECOMING WEALTHLY IS THEY NEVER START.

For you and I we still have a hell of a lot of opportunities to grab. The world is an exciting place.But do not leave property investing until your 90years because then it is too late.

I agree that no one comes knocking at your door. I have been to that many seminars I have lost track, and instead of caffe lattes by the beach I am knocking on realestate agents doors.

When we bought our first Ip we knew it was a bargain and told some friends about It. They thought and thought and while they thought another grabbed them at the price. They just missed an opportunity because now that Ip has gone up $53K in the space of 7 months.

Back