Getting Started

W

WebBoard

About to leave uni, investment advice
Date: 04 Jan 2001
Time: 15:13:23

I will finish uni soon, and I was wondering what would be the best investment path. I have the option to live at home for a few years, and I hope to start on a high salary (I'm doing Actuarial Studies). Should I buy myself a rental property, and how long should I wait before I purchase a place for myself?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris

Reply: 1

Re: About to leave uni, investment advice
Time: 16:31:47

Yes buy an IP if you can put up with living at home. Buying a place to live in is a lifestyle thing not an investment it is only useful if you borrow against the equity to add further IPs But whatever you do do something !!!

GB

Reply: 1.1

Time: 22:51:13

Get your IP.

The rest will come later

PT

Reply: 1.1.1

Date: 05 Jan 2001
Time: 06:41:48

Get your IP, what simplistic advice. Laddie, if you're going to buy an IP, research is going to save you a fortune, maybe even make you a fortune.

Suggestions:

Read this Forum from message one right through to the present, (lots of gems in here).

Work out why you are buying an IP, Yield? Capital Growth? hopefully both!!

Buy the right property, in the right location, for the cheapest price, profits are made when buying not selling. Buying a property is not a haphazard, hit or miss exercise, would you buy a car without knowing what you want or need?

Follow this Forum, ask questions and beware of "property groups", two tier marketers promising the earth and making off with your hard earned cash.

That's my 2 bobs worth, goodluck & keep us posted.

Back