Getting the ball rolling ...

Yes tenants can turn it off - BUT it means if you are on the Centrepay system and you dont get a payment it isnt a "whoops forgot" it is a direct and deliberate act by the tenant as they do have to cancel it.

The ones who don;t want to use it won't turn it on in the first place !

"Centrepay is a voluntary bill paying service"

So it's available if the tenants suggests it I guess...

But I imagine it would be a difficult (questionably legal ?) conversation to have with the prospect tenant and say "cause you're on a pension, I will only take you on if you sign this (?)

I think so too jaycee. Imposing it as part of a condition on a lease amounts to a de facto garnishee order on the Centrelink payments. Good luck with trying to enforce that one.

I think so too jaycee. Imposing it as part of a condition on a lease amounts to a de facto garnishee order on the Centrelink payments. Good luck with trying to enforce that one.

How are you going to MAKE the tenant set it up ?

It's just a voluntary thing that they can do.
same as you & I (or a centrelink recipient) can do right now with our bank

So I can't see it as something additional that provides extra safety to the owner (?)

How are you going to MAKE the tenant set it up ?

It's just a voluntary thing that they can do.
same as you & I (or a centrelink recipient) can do right now with our bank

So I can't see it as something additional that provides extra safety to the owner (?)

Way Off-Topic,

But whats your Avatar about Jaycee?

*snip*
PS I have to take a closer look at props in Sydney too but has anyone got other suggestions for suburbs with CG prospects in VIC with say an average yield (approx 5% gross)) suitable for sub 250k?

Corio, Norlane, Whittington and Breakwater in the Geelong region. But go in with your eyes open!

Attachments

• 1019-Greece-Financial-Crisis-strike-unions_full_380.jpg
    1019-Greece-Financial-Crisis-strike-unions_full_380.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 54
Back