Getting up early - I'm hopeless !!!

Yeh, creating a new habit for 30 days is key I guess.

I am unsure if I have sleep apnoea, I do not wake during the night though but I do snore like a freight train according to my wifey.

I think I am just a procrastinator on a high level.

I am quite pro-active on the days I have to go to work, ( I sell cars for a living), but while at home I usually sleep in till after 10am.

Mick,

Just on a serious note, get your blood sugar checked out (spot check fasting glucose).

I'm a Type II diabetic, and when I didn't know about it (uncontrolled), I used to have trouble getting to sleep and getting up in the morning etc.

The Y-man

I'm terrible with getting out of bed. I use the "just one more snooze" mantra a lot. Often I get up 20-30mins after the first alarm.

I'm trying to find an alarm clock without a snooze button, although most of the ones I've seen are the fancy overpriced gadgets (ie. rolling alarms). Maybe I'll just pry the button off mine.

I'm terrible with getting out of bed. I use the "just one more snooze" mantra a lot. Often I get up 20-30mins after the first alarm.

I'm trying to find an alarm clock without a snooze button, although most of the ones I've seen are the fancy overpriced gadgets (ie. rolling alarms). Maybe I'll just pry the button off mine.

Move the alarm clock to an area that you have to get up to switch of the snooze.

Move the alarm clock to an area that you have to get up to switch of the snooze.

Or just own the fact that you like to lie in bed for 20 or 30 minutes after you wake up. I mean, it's not like your messing up your entire day if you lay in a warm, toasty bed for half an hour. Instead of feeling bad about it, just enjoy it!

Some great advice in here !!!

Got up 30mins earlier than usual this morning and feel so much better for it. I walk to the train station in the morning and for the first time in a while I didn't have to run to catch the train, I strolled and made it on time for the earlier train !!!

I will shortly see my doctor for a check up on blood sugar etc...

may be sleep apnea

Hi Mick,

I would highly recommend testing for sleep apnea. My life has really turned around after I was diagnosed with it. I am now using the machine every night. I am not overweight at all but was snoring a lot and breathing was interrupted in sleep. You have 2 common symptoms associated with sleep apnea - snoring and waking up feeling tired.

You are what you eat and do (or dont do).

No eat good food = bad health
No do good things (no exercise) = bad health.

Simple really. ;)

Eat well, and move a bit.

If you use your computer or mobile before bed consider wearing blue light blocking sunglasses while using them before bed. Many studies have now shown that emf and blue light prior to bed disrupts the circadian sleep cycle and is in fact one of the possible causes of increasing obesity rates along with other factors. Use your blue light blocking sunglasses and turn off your wifi and remove all emf sources from your bedroom for a sound sleep.

Or just own the fact that you like to lie in bed for 20 or 30 minutes after you wake up. I mean, it's not like your messing up your entire day if you lay in a warm, toasty bed for half an hour. Instead of feeling bad about it, just enjoy it!

On my Birthday I have to go back to Bed just to get "Breakfast In Bed" :D

Laying there is just not for me, maybe if I'm reading a book, watching a movie or its a sports event then I'm all good...but just laying there watching the minutes tick by or hoping for an extra 30-45 minutes sleep is not for me. I generally wake up before the alarm

A few days ago I felt I had a lazy day, so did a 10k run and then crashed at around 2030, alarm went off at 0345hrs and after a shower and breakfast I was off to work at 0430hrs, don't expect me to be up late watching the Bachelor, or Offspring though :D

Back