Gillard & Obama..Winning not whining

An article today by Nikki Savva - Gillard could learn from Obama that it's about winning not whining in the Australian today.

I would be interested in particular in the female views of Gillard's comments but more particularly the way she has dealt with the issue. I have always been struck with the way Obama has dealt with the loonies on issues of his religion, birthplace, citizenship & college records. For example, Donald Trump has continued on his inability to come to grips with Obama. The latest now is with Obama's victory here. At least you can be entertained by it, if you don't take it too seriously.

The transcript of Gillard's speech is here.

I sometimes think my view as a male, has skewed my perception of how Gillard responded to 'misogyny' debate. Which was 'out of the blue', angry, inconsistent with actions from many from her own party, and yes, I still have an issue with the accent (but that is my cross to bear). Females who I know, are right leaning in their political views had an empathy with the content of the speech and even related to the issues in their own personal & professionals lives.

Admittedly Nikki Savva is a former Costello advisor so, she has an opposing political viewpoint to the PM. However, she is imo a generally very considered commentator on Australian politics.

Back