Gladstone – Bubble to burst very soon ??

What happens to policemen in places like Port Hedland or Karratha, do they get accommodation allowance or free use of a house?

Dear Sam,

From your good post, the planned and expected Supply for Land release 2011 to 2012 was:
2011 to 2012 ---------------> 746 BH = 2984 Dwellings

Would you please advise where can we verify this has actually happened?
Is there any report or and site that can say what the actual Land release for 2011 to 2012 was?

I would appreciate any comments.

Dear Sam,

From your good post, the planned and expected Supply for Land release 2011 to 2012 was:
2011 to 2012 ---------------> 746 BH = 2984 Dwellings

Would you please advise where can we verify this has actually happened?
Is there any report or and site that can say what the actual Land release for 2011 to 2012 was?

I would appreciate any comments.

Hi Fred

My calculation was based on the attached document released in Gladstone Council website but this was 12 months back, check the council website for latest info

Attachments

• Snapshot of future residential development.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 65
Gladstone - supply vs demand

Hi,

I checked the site, there is no update to the "Snapshot of future residential development.pdf" yet.

The reason for asking was that If they had actually released that much land, that could indicate an oversupply in the near future (even through they may not have built the land yet).

Would anyone please know if it is still good time to buy in Gladstone, or has Gladstone already done its growth?

Thanking you in advance for your comments...

Fred, plenty of opportunity left in my opinion.

Right now is great actually if the yields are still what they were in Jan-Feb.

Would you think LNG projects/Gladstone be affected too this year?

Would it cause the project in pipe line to be cancelled?

Europe crisis causing China slowing down this year.
- coal has lot its power; almost 20% reduction in coal exports/prices.
- costs and long time-frames for regulatory approvals, affected AbotPoint (Rio tinto pulled out), and (hence Bowen)
- Doubts over whether or not BHP's new big Olympic Dam uranium mine will go ahead. Agreement would lapse around December if BHP delays its decision on proceeding. (hence Whayalla)
- BHP's decision to close Norwich Park

Back