Gladstone QLD - How is it Going????

Hi,

I know it's a bit off topic and also there are some similar posts around but they are without much feedback..
I am looking for a good property manager in Gladstone. Currently with Elders and not entirely happy with their service.

Cheers

Dave

Lj hooker got us alot higher rent than the 3 others quoted and tennanted within 5 days. Very effecient maintance etc.

Hi,

I am looking for a good property manager in Gladstone. Currently with Elders and not entirely happy with their service.

Cheers

Dave
We are currently with Elders after moving a couple of times. My partner tells me Elders staff are very busy with a new building, selling and renting. I can't image why we would need a vacancy at the moment but it looks like we are without a tenant in a Gladstone property as of today. To be fair there are a couple of interested parties. I wait with interest.

Yeh Elders is actually who i'm currently with and I find them very unavailable and not too good with follow up/getting back to me..
I'm worried all agents will be the same up there at the moment..?

Yeh Elders is actually who i'm currently with and I find them very unavailable and not too good with follow up/getting back to me..
I'm worried all agents will be the same up there at the moment..?
Ok, they came good today and we have a tenant for the next 6 months starting in 1 weeks time, so that was maybe a three week vacancy by the time they move in I think. We were with L J Hooker a year ago but they were asking 25% below what we could rent for in the same block of units. They may well be wised up now but it was sad to miss out. Email me direct and I'll give you our property agents name in Elders maybe she can pick up the pace for you.
One thing for sure no simple answer with rental managers.

Be careful just touching anything advertised as "Gladstone". Some of the places being advertised are along the highway between Gladstone and Rocky - e.g. Ambrose and Raglan. Hardly Gladstone. Even within suburban Gladstone, some areas are definitely doing better than others.

In other news, Santos opened the first of about 50 homes in the Kirkwood area, and the accommodation at Curtis Island is now starting to come online.

On the ground update from my PM for anyone who is interested.

$600k property bought in Jan.
Nice 4/2/2 in good estate, ~10 yo, 900m2 block.
Asking rent $1190pw
Rental inspection booked tomorrow.

Sounds good to me! I still believe these type of deals are available.

Asking rent $1190pw

Is that fully furnished and self contained Dave?

Cheers

Rooster

Bechtel have now also completed the first stage of the camp for QCLNG.

They are progressively moving guys in to the camps as rooms are set up and servicable.

Workers who have been accommodated in hotel/motel accommodation will be the first to be mobilised to the camp, followed by employees in Bechtel leased housing.

Rooster

Is that fully furnished and self contained Dave?

Whoops, important info I forgot to mention. It's partly furnished. Pretty much everything except for TVs, bedding, cutlery and small appliances (has fridge). Being partly furnished probably adds around $200pw to the rent.

Bechtel have now also completed the first stage of the camp for QCLNG.

They are progressively moving guys in to the camps as rooms are set up and servicable.

Workers who have been accommodated in hotel/motel accommodation will be the first to be mobilised to the camp, followed by employees in Bechtel leased housing.

I viewed a workers camp out in Benaraby (20kms out of Gladstone). In fact, I stayed at the caravan park there where they were bringing in the portable studio unit type things. Brand new but unbelievably small (fold up bed, room is probably 3m x 4m at most I'd say - 4 to one unit, folder up bed, desk, ensuite).

They are asking $170 a night for these things which includes meals. They're not flying off the shelf at this price but $1,190pw for a little shed sized unit 20kms out of town! Wowsers!

I believe the better rental opportunities are more with the second tier companies rather than the huge mobs like Bechtel.

Another investors property just had an offer for a 2 year lease @ $1,100pw. I know he paid $605k for that place in Telina (a burb of Gladstone 5kms from the city centre). Beautiful house with pool but unfurnished.

$170 per night for the unit or per person quad share?

I went to the workers camp at Calliope to check them out. Really not flash, not sure how many they sleep, I was assuming that they were for 1 person. They are very small and I have heard figures of $250 / night per person, (incl meals) from a reliable source. Really crazy for a corrugated iron shack!

I viewed a workers camp out in Benaraby (20kms out of Gladstone). In fact, I stayed at the caravan park there where they were bringing in the portable studio unit type things. Brand new but unbelievably small (fold up bed, room is probably 3m x 4m at most I'd say - 4 to one unit, folder up bed, desk, ensuite).

They are asking $170 a night for these things which includes meals. They're not flying off the shelf at this price but $1,190pw for a little shed sized unit 20kms out of town! Wowsers!

I believe the better rental opportunities are more with the second tier companies rather than the huge mobs like Bechtel.

Another investors property just had an offer for a 2 year lease @ $1,000pw. I know he paid $605k for that place in Telina (a burb of Gladstone 5kms from the city centre).

Attachments

• Calliope camp.jpg
    Calliope camp.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 102
I just secured a rental property today, so glad it's over. From a renter's perspective, it's an incredibly competitive market particularly for the newer 3 and 4 bedroom homes.

Glad you found a place! :) Our tenants gave 2 weeks notice today, they have only been there for 4 months so time to get searching again. Hopefully we can find someone to carry on from when they move out.

Ems

Asking rent $1190pw

Just out of interest, what estate is this in?! That's amazing.

I just got a tennant to sign a lease for $620 p/w at the start of Feb, on my house I purchased for $480k, in Sun Valley, 8 Y.O 4/4/2. So yeah.. damn

Just out of interest, what estate is this in?! That's amazing.

I just got a tennant to sign a lease for $620 p/w at the start of Feb, on my house I purchased for $480k, in Sun Valley, 8 Y.O 4/4/2. So yeah.. damn

A 4 bed 4 bath fully furnished nice home should be getting significantly more than that.

Was up there for work a few weeks ago to visit a minesite and some LNG facilities. Sat on the plane next to a QR train driver on the Brisbane-Gladstone flight. He reckons he was paying $650/week for a 3-bedroom. He was fuming. Said he's going to buy there.

My colleague just bought a new apartment around the corner from the town centre (near Rydges). She loves it. Reckons it's really good returns.

Back