Gladstone Valuers

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on the following valuers in Gladstone?...

*John Logan & Associates
*Heron Todd White Gladstone

I am in the unusual situation of being able to obtain my own valuation (at my cost of course) and the bank will accept it as the val on which they base their decision as to how much we can increase our loan...no guarantee it will be for the full val amount of course. I have been told that I can choose between the two valuers above who are on the bank's panel and just wondered if anyone can help me decide which valuer might be preferable to use for our purposes? i.e. looking to maximise the valuation of course! :D

Any feedback via post or private message would be great.

Thanks
Angela :)

If it's absolutely imperative that you get the highest amount, you could always engage both of them and just use the highest valuation!

:)

I must admit that has crossed my mind and is defintely still an option! :D

Basically I will be organising and paying for the report and then supplying it to the bank myself, so certainly an option. The only downside of course being the two report fees BUT hey, if one val is say $5-$10K higher than the other, that could be a great return on investment.

I guess I am am hopeful that someone on here has some knowledge of these valuers enough to recommend one over the other for my purposes.

If it's absolutely imperative that you get the highest amount, you could always engage both of them and just use the highest valuation!

:)

In regards which is a better valuer; it's really the valuer him/her self that will make the difference. But from experience Heron Todd White Gladstone they ask a lot more questions + take lots and lots of pictures ...so if the place is not run down and well presented then i would go with Heron Todd White Gladstone as they are the valuer used by the banks for the more luxury properties ( over $2m)

P.s i would do both valuation- since you/broker will be submitting it to the lender.

Regards
Michael

Last edited:
In regards which is a better valuer; it's really the valuer him/her self that will make the difference. But from experience Heron Todd White Gladstone they ask a lot more questions + take lots and lots of pictures ...so if the place is not run down and well presented then i would go with Heron Todd White Gladstone as they are the valuer used by the banks for the more luxury properties ( over $2m)

P.s i would do both valuation- since you/broker will be submitting it to the lender.

Regards
Michael

Thanks for the reply Michael. Our IP is a new 4x2 house but is essentially just a project home. We did upgrade a few items and the building inspection report suggested that it was above average quality for all finishes, but certainly not luxury. Expecting a val in the $500K's. Would you still recommend HTW?

Angela

Thanks for the reply Michael. Our IP is a new 4x2 house but is essentially just a project home. We did upgrade a few items and the building inspection report suggested that it was above average quality for all finishes, but certainly not luxury. Expecting a val in the $500K's. Would you still recommend HTW?

Angela

To be honest hard to say...i had some bad and good experiences with HTW.
If you going to choose both valuers, then maybe choose HTW first and if it meets what your after all good...:p

But generally speaking i would choose them for all "luxury" properties.

Regards
Michael

The below is applicable anywhere not just Gladstone.

The valuation firm is irrelevant.

The firm does not do the valuation, an individual valuer does.

For example some firms here in Melbourne have a reputation among other valuers as being rubber stampers/over valuers, it goes down to the quality of the people they employ.

Personally I would ask a few of the local brokers who they think are the most generous.

I myself find out of area valuers or younger inexperienced valuers are most likley to rubber stamp an owners estimate, especially the younger/nerwer ones when out of the area. I see that even in my firm in my patch when I look at what others have done when I am away (to the extent that I have insisted that some never darken the doorstep of my patch again - later they usually are forced to leave).

good luck,

RightValue

both :)

want the result ? invest the small amount of money for a defined outcome, vs spend half and be in resentment for ever............

ta
rolf

Back