Glenmore Park or Homebush

Hi,

I have a budget around 600K to buy an investment property and am looking around Homebush and Glenmore Park area.

With 600K, I can buy a two bedroom apartment in Homebush or 4 bedroom house in Glenmore Park.

Which one would be your preference?

Hyong

Hi,

I have a budget around 600K to buy an investment property and am looking around Homebush and Glenmore Park area.

With 600K, I can buy a two bedroom apartment in Homebush or 4 bedroom house in Glenmore Park.

Which one would be your preference?

Hyong

Hyong,

What motivates you to choose these areas?

I'd say that Skater's aversion to these areas is that both (as well as most of Sydney in general) have experienced significant capital growth recently, which may mean that it will be a while before further growth can be expected. This means it's not necessarily as effective an investment as other areas.

Homebush is (will be) One of the riskiest areas for oversupply in the next couple of years. I'd avoid it or fond a property well and truly below intrinsic value (evidenced) that will survive any coming wobbly CG challenges.

Re: Glenmore park I don't know enough on this area

Television; said:
I'd say that Skater's aversion to these areas is that both (as well as most of Sydney in general) have experienced significant capital growth recently, which may mean that it will be a while before further growth can be expected. This means it's not necessarily as effective an investment as other areas.

While this is true! I would never spend that kind of money on a UNIT, especially if it's in Homebush. As for Glenmore Park, it is a nasty rabbit warren with limited entry/exit points. There's Much better places to spend that kind of money.

With the budget $600K, the choice is very limited in Sydney. I feel the property price is still going up and am under pressure to buy one before too late.

Do you have recommendation?

Despite contrary belief, there are tonnes of places you can buy in Sydney sub 600k. I can rattle of a dozen at the drop of a hat.

Glenmore Park is poor yield - it, like many surrounds, are owner occupier territory.

Homebush, blergh.

With the budget $600K, the choice is very limited in Sydney. I feel the property price is still going up and am under pressure to buy one before too late.

You are able to buy in other States too if you feel that you're 'missing the boat'. There's plenty of conversation on Brisbane which 600k will give you a multitude of options.

Try to not let your emotions dictate your investment decisions, otherwise you can end up with poor results.

I can rattle of a dozen at the drop of a hat.

Only a dozen?

Like CJay said, you are not limited to Sydney. If your comfort zone won't allow you to go interstate, and you think the market in Sydney is too hot, you could try somewhere else in NSW. There's literally thousands of places that people are willing to rent property.

If you wanted to keep relatively local, you could try Wollongong or Newcastle. Or Central Coast, Orange, Bathurst, etc.....

Homebush is (will be) One of the riskiest areas for oversupply in the next couple of years. I'd avoid it or fond a property well and truly below intrinsic value (evidenced) that will survive any coming wobbly CG challenges.

Homebush is already expensive area I guess...

the best bet will be Glenmore Park and Penrith area.

My friend suggest the following:

Glenfield Project is about 10 minues walk to Glenfield station.
It connects to City Sydney CBD, Schofield, Campeltown, and Macathur. This proect is just beside Mirvac's project. So it is almost a mature area.
4 bedroom house start from $690,700.

is it true ?

Consider Seven Hills?

Do you consider Seven Hills? The look at Seven Hills North or Seven Hills South.

Around 600K still can buy you a house.

The reasons are,

1. Good access to transportation, rail, T-Way, M2, close to M4;
2. Cross the road from Baulkham Hills, Bella Vista (all > $1 million suburbs), Kings Langley (> $ 800K);
3. Nice area - Seven Hills North and Seven Hills South;
4. Close to employment centres: close to Norwest business park, close to Parramatta, easy access to Macquarie Park/North Ryde, and with new Sydney Business Park on the way, etc.
5. Even now house in Blacktown will cost you more than $600K, other side of neighbouring suburb.

Freddy

Do you consider Seven Hills? The look at Seven Hills North or Seven Hills South.

Around 600K still can buy you a house.
\

Freddy, that was 14 months ago. Seven Hills' houses are selling around $750k mark.

600k house - Mt Druitt / Penrith region perhaps. Though not sure if there is much value in buying those now.

It seems as though the market is at peak.

Freddy, that was 14 months ago. Seven Hills' houses are selling around $750k mark.

600k house - Mt Druitt / Penrith region perhaps. Though not sure if there is much value in buying those now.

It seems as though the market is at peak.

Mt. Druitt and St. Mary's does that area has high crime rate ?

JohnHenry, Glenfield and Glenmore Park are different areas. Suggest you look up Google maps :)

Ah I see, pardon me since don't know much about Sydney area especially that area.

So between Glenfield and Glenmore Park, which one is better to choose for long term Capital Gain ?

Thanks for the suggestion mate, I almost get into this area because of the new OTP apartment promotion.

Here's the Glenmore Park for your information: http://house.ksou.cn/newp.php?q=Glenmore+Park, NSW

it is quite far away from the city.

Back