"Go Anna, Investment institue"

W

WebBoard

Hi Anna,

Noticed you had logged on and have been wondering if you are the Anna that spoke at the Investment institute seminar Melbourne
Camberwell civic center.

Jack

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hi Jack

Yes, that was me. : )

GoAnna !
(aka Anna before she got real)

Reply: 1.1

And a very inspiring speaker, she was, too!

Cheers
Apprentice Millionaire
(aka Jacques in the old forum)

Reply: 1.1.1

What has she inspired you to do now ???

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Rasputin,

I don't know whether your comment is tongue in cheek or not, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt!

What Anna inspired me to do was get out of my comfort zone and do something. Seeing someone so young with the success she has achieved makes me wish I had started much earlier (and I am no spring chicken, although I am a newbie!). Anna is (as far as I know) no longer in the rate race. I have started my journey to get out of the rat race, and seeing that others can do it, gives me confidence to do it too.

Cheers
Apprentice Millionaire
(aka Jacques in the old forum)

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Hi Anna,

I heard you at the Inv Institute thingy too.
Congratulations!

Just curious - how did you manage to get such a huge return on the property you bought in Northcote? I seem to recall the purchase was relatively recent... in the last 4 or 5 years ago??

Thanks
Kylie

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

Hi Kylie

A fair question!

I actually bought in 1991 so part of the growth is time...

I bought at the lowest point in the past 10 years.

At the time of purchase Northcote was an undesirable place to live however the suburbs on either side had already enjoyed growth. So it was a sleeper / emerging area.

It was a mortgagee auction - broken marriage/busted business etc. Way motivated!

Poorly advertised - under Brunswick - with deceptive information which encouraged the wrong group of purchasers.

Shockingly presented - full of rubbish (some rotting), and a jungle of a garden which required physical courage to walk through.
In ivy vine grown over all the windows so that it was pitch black in side which was gloomy enough due to the black carpet. And I almost forgot the dirty underwear displayed at crucial points. A lovely touch.

A substantial and beautiful (once uncovered)victorian brick home of 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (3 toilets)

Our two main bidding rivals were a) not prepared financially b) had a fight with his wife during the actual auction.

The property has 2 street frontages (231 feet / 70 metres deep) so we demolished the stables and chook sheds at the rear and have built a 16 square two storied 4 car garage and studio (with bathroom). We are currently applying to have a kitchen installed and the block subdivided.

Hope that answered your question.
BTW are you local?

GoAnna !
GoAnna !

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Fantastic work... very insightful and very brave.

Yes I am local - I'm in Burwood.

I looked around Northcote about 4 years ago (I guess) and it had already taken off.
Can't wait till I find my own Northcote - I have seen houses like this in the past - often in those inner sort of areas (ex-tennanted). I can't understand why people don't have Landlord's insurance!! (Did you see location location last night?).

Thanks Anna
Kylie

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Kylie

The scary thing was my house was lived in by the owners.

GoAnna !

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Always tongue in cheek !!!! When you havent got anything good to say, tick your tongue in your cheek is my motto

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.2

Hi Kylie

Slightly off the topic but very relevant. These people do not have Landlords insurance for the same reasons that you or I may not have specific types of insurance.

It wont happen to me !

I was cured of that very quickly early on in my financial services career ( I call this the benefit of someone else's experience).

I was sitting with a young couple (early 30s) talking about their investment future and life in general while playing with theur 2 young kids. All went well and we booked an appointment for the same night the following week.

Moral of this very true story is that I never made it to that second appointment.

The young mother had died the night I was there from a major heart problem.

Please do not bother asking me if insurance is worthwhile - I think you know the answer.

Ta

Rolf

Back