Gobsmaacked over plumbers quote

Good idea Lizzie, thanks. Am now getting the job done for $500. Yaayyy!!

What did you get quoted per hour for digging, and by who?

What's the plumber charging for his bit?

Just curious?

My husband a Landscaper rarely digs or expects his labourers to, when there are machines that do the job.

Getting in a machine and an operator costs more than $75 per hour, and in the instances were he has to dig he charges more than that (that applies for heavy lifting as well) :D.

It sounds like you did well in the end going with a handyman.

A tradesperson will always charge tradesmen rates ($75 in this case) regardless of what they're doing.

Because of Lizzie's brilliant idea I have got a handyman to dig the trench (remember its in total sand as we are by the beach and barely 5mts long) for $40. Original plumber who did the drainage and sewerage before the slab went down has agreed to send his apprentice and do it for $500 (as we couldnt use the original line he laid in because of where the posi stuts ended up) Totally exstatic(?)

unfortunately all this protectionism comes at the expense of the greater community, but this country has a long history with working class blood (we're all battlers right?), unionism, fair go, I'm a farmer you're a farmer etc.

Original plumber who did the drainage and sewerage before the slab went down has agreed to send his apprentice and do it for $500 (as we couldnt use the original line he laid in because of where the posi stuts ended up) Totally exstatic(?)

Until the unsupervised apprentice makes a stuff up.:rolleyes:

Back