Going Commercial

I need to add to this that its in a bad area. I didn't buy it sight unseen- I wouldn't be buying a resi property there. But one lease at least is solid, and the tenants are the ones responsible for all upkeep- it's a takeaway food shop, and it's in their best interests to keep it in good condition.

But one lease at least is solid, and the tenants are the ones responsible for all upkeep- it's a takeaway food shop, and it's in their best interests to keep it in good condition.
Sounds good geoffw,you can always look on the upside if the takeaway goes belly-up you can always start the Taco Franchises from your own freehold propertry,,good luck..

Sounds good geoffw,you can always look on the upside if the takeaway goes belly-up you can always start the Taco Franchises from your own freehold propertry,,good luck..

Haha. That's the upside.

The downside would be living in Wagga :-(

Congrats Geoff! Big step, but after Flock of Bats I guess not too much to scare you any more :p

It was a pity about the Flock of Bats. They were really good. But they had to go to give way for another opportunity- the second Subway.

Congrats Geoff and thanks for the kind words!

Its funny people often say the deals aren't out there in 2013, and I read the same comments in 2003 but 13% yield, secure tenants, set and forget property :)

Il call you this week also mate.

Nath.

Great work and story, I love reading these and hearing how others are going

Thanks for the thread Geoff

Second Subway :confused: are they now a tenant :D

Good on you Geoff for taking the plunge - I hope it is a worthwhile and fruitful investment for you and your family.

Good onya Nathan for sourcing the property for Geoff.

Back