going to Adelaide

Looks like I'm off to Adelaide in a couple of weeks! I'll be down for about a week mainly getting our brand new IP in Smithfield plains ready for tenants. I will need to stay in a hotel for one or two nights at least until I get the keys for the house.

I've been googling and found there is a "Smithfield hotel/motel" on main north road, I'm thinking of staying there as it is so close to my IPs. Also if I can get my alarm system in to the new house, I won't feel the need to stand guard over the house and would rather sleep on a bed than a concrete floor!

So, is this Smithfield hotel place OK (my standards are not that high!). Are there any internet cafes/places to eat/shops etc close by.

PS Are there any e-Tags/toll roads in Adelaide. I am always afraid of being trapped on a toll road with no e-tag.

No etag or toll roads in Adelaide! At least we got that right! Dont really know much about Smithfield Plains though - not sure I would stay there though but maybe I just dont like that part of town. No doubt others can be of more help.

So, is this Smithfield hotel place OK (my standards are not that high!). Are there any internet cafes/places to eat/shops etc close by.

Hello poppy

I don't know that part of town either but I'm sure that you'll find somewhere to stay that "feels" right. If you're hiring a car whilst in Adelaide drive past the Smithfield Motel and check it out first. Sometimes hotel/motels are noisier than motels but that might not bother you. It's far enough out of Adelaide to not be an in-demand touristy place (I only mean that it's not the Barossa or Victor Harbor etc) and I'm sure that you will have a choice of places to stay. Some of the areas around there are quite rough, which is probably what Pushka was referring to, but it will certainly be more convenient for you to stay near your property. I'm sure it will be a great investment. Good luck!

Stay where ever you want it doesn't take that long to drive around any where in greater Adelaide.

Most suburban motels have vacancies so you should be able to find somewhere to stay even if you come over drive around and then find a place.

Sorry I can't give you a recommendation but I live on the south side of town.

cheers
quoll

I was thinking, you will be travelling against the peak hour, so you could look at somewhere near Gepps Cross, Enfield area. Even closer to Adelaide - the Old Adelaide Inn - very nice and on the road you will travel on - and fabulous restaurants in OConnell street. And no safety issues. My favourite Indian restaurant 'Beyond India' is just next door! This Hotel would be maybe 20 minutes away, straight up Main North Road.

I was thinking, you will be travelling against the peak hour, so you could look at somewhere near Gepps Cross, Enfield area. Even closer to Adelaide - the Old Adelaide Inn - very nice and on the road you will travel on - and fabulous restaurants in OConnell street. And no safety issues. My favourite Indian restaurant 'Beyond India' is just next door! This Hotel would be maybe 20 minutes away, straight up Main North Road.
Good point, stay near North Adelaide that way you can eat well. Best argument I've read for where to stay.

cheers
quoll

Thanks guys.

Flight is booked now - very exciting. Unfortunately it will be the long weekend so I paid a crazy price for the flight! However, at least I was able to get a fully flex. fare in case things get put off. Hubby is not able to go, so I will be all on my own in a strange city, lucky it is not Sydney or Melbourne as I would not even think about driving in those cities and really need to hire a car.

Back