Gold Coast Family Holiday

Woo Hoo !!

Off work and getting last bits n pieces sorted for a Family Holiday (wife, 4 yr & 2yr old girls) we're off to the Gold Coast next week. We're also planning to catch up with the in-laws who are on their annual pilgrimage around Australia in a motor-home

Staying at Paradise Resort which looks like great fun for the kids; we’re also picking up a hire car in Brisbane and driving down, this gives us a chance to do some rubber-necking around the place at our own pace

Looking to visit the theme parks, Australia Zoo and get some Rest & Recuperation as well as some Recreation. It’s been a few years since we had a family holiday so looking forward to this one

will have to visit our brisbane IP as well and touch base with the managers

Looking at discounts etc as we speak , joined My Fun for the kids

If anyone has any tips, places to visit etc please feel free to post below ;)

gold-coast-holiday-tours-activities.jpg

Woo Hoo !!

Looking to visit the theme parks, Australia Zoo and get some Rest & Recuperation as well as some Recreation. It’s been a few years since we had a family holiday so looking forward to this one

gold-coast-holiday-tours-activities.jpg

I hate to tell you this... But Australia Zoo is not on the Gold Coast.

It's actually in Beerwah.

Hope you have a great Holiday!

Hiya RW,

Family and I had a trip up there in May/ June.
There is a Dreamworld & White water world special if you book through travelmate.com $204 two adults and 2 kids 4 -13. Yes this entry for two full days to both worlds and you can go back and forth between the two parks as much as you like. Useful if the weather turns on you, if it is raining at DW and they shut down the rides you may as well go get really wet next door!
My family enjoyed WWW more than wetnwild for whatever that's worth. The Dreamworld site shows this offer ended in May 09.

HOWEVER
Travelmate says valid April 09 til Mar10. This is a really good deal as without it it costs over $300 from memory.
PM me for details if you can't find it, I googled to check it was still available before replying and called the 1300 no on the site to verify for you. (lucky for you I'm bored at home, with nothing else to do!-my girls and I have whooping cough!:eek: :( )

Have a great holiday
Regards Jodie

Last edited:
:eek:

Oops!

Just noticed your kids are 2 and 4. I think (not certain) you are supposed to pay for four year olds, so if you were going to do be paying for your 4 year old you will still save some money then, but basically it's a kids get in free deal with 14 days to use both days up, but it won't save you anything if you weren't going to pay for them anyway.
My fun or motoring association would save you some money off your tix.

Last edited:
did you 4y.o just turned 4? i guess you could say she's still 3 turning 4 in 1 week...it's not like they ask for ID.

Just get 2 adult passes. You can buy $10 tickets to return with 14 days...way better than doing 2 days at dreamworld back to back..that would kill me.

Dreamworld is the best park for littlies. There's a bit for everyone. The rapid ride is ok for littlies, they can sit on your lap. It isn't scary at all except for the cave and that's only because it's dark for 2mins. It's a lot of fun. It's on the left when you first walk in. My son was only 18mths when he went on that.

There is the $99 on my myfun annual pass which could be worthwhile if you intend to go many times.

I stayed at Paradise Resort. I liked the kids club and the huge spa pool but the rooms are a bit dated and a bit of a walk to surfers..well not that far but far enough if pushing a stroller back at night waith very young babies. The food there is horrible and pricey.

Have you already booked your accomodation?Don't know how this price compares but...

We booked Sands Turtle Beach Resort.
min 5 nights was $129 per night. Two bedroom two bathroom apartments with kitchen, foxtel, air con etc. This was through Blue Sky holiday group.
If you google search Turtle Beach you'll see it has 5 pools, couple of spas, tennis courts,mini golf and a 26 or 28? seat cinema on the premises. Free car parking. Good location, many surrounding restaurants and supermarkets. The three families that went on our trip had a ball! Cheap pizza place on site and adequate cafe (prices very reasonable)

also there's thunder egg mining at thunderbird park for something different and there is a pretty cool adventure park for the big (read adults) kids there too. :)

+1 for zorbing. :cool:

Thanks Jodie

Hiya RW,

Family and I had a trip up there in May/ June.
There is a Dreamworld & White water world special if you book through travelmate.com $204 two adults and 2 kids 4 -13. Yes this entry for two full days to both worlds and you can go back and forth between the two parks as much as you like. Useful if the weather turns on you, if it is raining at DW and they shut down the rides you may as well go get really wet next door! Sounds like a great plan

My family enjoyed WWW more than wetnwild for whatever that's worth. The Dreamworld site shows this offer ended in May 09.

HOWEVER
Travelmate says valid April 09 til Mar10. This is a really good deal as without it it costs over $300 from memory.
PM me for details if you can't find it, I googled to check it was still available before replying and called the 1300 no on the site to verify for you. (lucky for you I'm bored at home, with nothing else to do!-my girls and I have whooping cough!:eek: :( )

Have a great holiday
Regards Jodie

Thanks for searching, we haven't yet booked tickets for the theme parks, but are looking at the options

:eek:

Oops!

Just noticed your kids are 2 and 4. I think (not certain) you are supposed to pay for four year olds, so if you were going to do be paying for your 4 year old you will still save some money then, but basically it's a kids get in free deal with 14 days to use both days up, but it won't save you anything if you weren't going to pay for them anyway.
My fun or motoring association would save you some money off your tix.

Yep, the girls are just over 2 (May) and 4 (Oct)

Have you already booked your accomodation?Don't know how this price compares but...

We booked Sands Turtle Beach Resort.
min 5 nights was $129 per night. Two bedroom two bathroom apartments with kitchen, foxtel, air con etc. This was through Blue Sky holiday group.
If you google search Turtle Beach you'll see it has 5 pools, couple of spas, tennis courts,mini golf and a 26 or 28? seat cinema on the premises. Free car parking. Good location, many surrounding restaurants and supermarkets. The three families that went on our trip had a ball! Cheap pizza place on site and adequate cafe (prices very reasonable)

Yep, accommodation booked at Paradise Resort, chosen specifically for the kids

did you 4y.o just turned 4? i guess you could say she's still 3 turning 4 in 1 week...it's not like they ask for ID.

Just get 2 adult passes. You can buy $10 tickets to return with 14 days...way better than doing 2 days at dreamworld back to back..that would kill me.

Dreamworld is the best park for littlies. There's a bit for everyone. The rapid ride is ok for littlies, they can sit on your lap. It isn't scary at all except for the cave and that's only because it's dark for 2mins. It's a lot of fun. It's on the left when you first walk in. My son was only 18mths when he went on that.

There is the $99 on my myfun annual pass which could be worthwhile if you intend to go many times.

I stayed at Paradise Resort. I liked the kids club and the huge spa pool but the rooms are a bit dated and a bit of a walk to surfers..well not that far but far enough if pushing a stroller back at night with very young babies. The food there is horrible and pricey.

Thanks for the feedback Sue,

The girls are looking forward to seeing the wiggles and both want to go on a ferris wheel :confused:

We're taking a stroller and have booked a vehicle with a booster and baby seat

Day out and about and a Day in (kids playground, pool etc) sounds like a plan to me, but will see how it goes

Picked up a small DVD player with two screens from JB Hi Fi to keep the kids entertained on the flights and any longish drives

We have been to the Gold Coast each year for 12 years. Been to the theme parks countless times. Dreamworld is best for young kids. Seaworld is also entertaining seeing the animals and shows.

We stay near Southport so for a reasonable cheap meal we go to the Southport Workers Club. Most meals less than $10 each.

OReillys Resort is about an hours drive from the Gold Coast. If you don't mind a very windy and steep road it is a great place for a picnic. Buy a bag of Sunflower seeds from Coles before you go to feed the Parrots. Make sure you where long sleaves and wash your hands afterwards. There is also a tree top walk which is a lot of fun.

We have been to the Gold Coast each year for 12 years. Been to the theme parks countless times. Dreamworld is best for young kids. Seaworld is also entertaining seeing the animals and shows.

We stay near Southport so for a reasonable cheap meal we go to the Southport Workers Club. Most meals less than $10 each.

OReillys Resort is about an hours drive from the Gold Coast. If you don't mind a very windy and steep road it is a great place for a picnic. Buy a bag of Sunflower seeds from Coles before you go to feed the Parrots. Make sure you where long sleaves and wash your hands afterwards. There is also a tree top walk which is a lot of fun.

Thanks Andymac

First time for us, have been to BrisVegas, but never the Gold Coast

I hear the RSL's and Workers Clubs over east are also well worth a visit for a cheap meal and bit of entertainment

We go to the Surfers Paradise RSL a fair bit. Cheap meals and drinks and OK quality.:)

It's right near the transit centre.

Hiya

On the O Reilys bird feeding area, this isnow tightly controlled by the Parks and Wildlife.

You need to purchase tickect and supplied food from them, its not a lot, I think its about 4 bucks or something.

Makes sense why they had to do it, the birds were getting sick becaue people were feeding them food not really suited.

A close to free visit is the Seaway sand pumpin station and jetty. Great view down to surfers and you may get to see someone catch a huge fish :)

Ta
rolf

Hey,

I just picked up loads of Dreamworld vouchers today from Target.

Also got Underwater World and Australia Zoo ones.

Dreamworld is $54 for all but you have to be QLD or NSW residence (they have never asked me this). If you want I can post it to Paradise Hotel and they can keep it for you.

The Australia Zoo is I think if you go in August you get the rest of 2009 for free.

Back