http://goldprice.org/live-gold-price.html

Gold rises above $1,600/oz as debt fears simmer

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/07/18/markets-precious-idUKL6E7II0F120110718

"Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:22am BST

* Gold rallies to record highs in five key currencies

* Investors fret over euro zone, U.S. debt

* Silver climbs to highest since early May

By Jan Harvey

July 18 (Reuters) - Gold prices rallied to record highs above $1,600 an ounce in Europe on Monday as investors spooked by the euro zone debt crisis and the threat of a U.S. default bought into the metal as a haven from risk..."

The entry may have been easy to pick,but when do you exit..

I haven't noticed property bulls giving exit points.

Gold may be "overbought" today, but it wont be a "sell" until the US and the EU get their houses in order. Even then some form of "gold backed currency" may be part of the cure. One one will ever go back to a fully convertible currency again (too little gold) but fiat currencies are being shown as the frauds they have always been.

I listen to a lot of "experts" on the topic (wealthy people, not needing my pennies) and they are reluctant to call it too much higher but, reading between the lines, they still think the sky's the limit.

With this in mind I'll make the outrageous prediction of X10 gain before any collapse below US$1,000. That's a big call and it's made knowing I could well be wrong. But let's have some fun. :D

am sure it will be good but it is very passive.
It's passive now, as was the last Gold bull market until it went parabolic and quintupled in less than 12 months. In my opinion we are nearing the same tipping point in the current bull market and the gains will be magnificent.

I haven't noticed property bulls giving exit points.

Gold may be "overbought" today, but it wont be a "sell" until the US and the EU get their houses in order. Even then some form of "gold backed currency" may be part of the cure. One one will ever go back to a fully convertible currency again (too little gold) but fiat currencies are being shown as the frauds they have always been.

I listen to a lot of "experts" on the topic (wealthy people, not needing my pennies) and they are reluctant to call it too much higher but, reading between the lines, they still think the sky's the limit.

With this in mind I'll make the outrageous prediction of X10 gain before any collapse below US$1,000. That's a big call and it's made knowing I could well be wrong. But let's have some fun. :D
You have been right so far,and i have learnt a valuable lesson it pays to keep quality companies that are meeting all your objectives,Gold may have done that for several just as the "Banks" have done the same for me..

am sure it will be good but it is very passive.

Could you define "passive" please? The three most commonly used adjectives here are "positive, neutral, negative". A gold brick is "neutral", JUST as dependent on, but no less than, "neutral" property on capital gain to maintain our interest.

If you think "aggressive" is the reverse of passive (I'm not sure it is) near month futures is far more un-passive than property. Buying shares in a producing miner (whatever the commodity) taps into rising incomes during periods of rising prices. That's tempered by the fact that miners are big users of commodities themselves. No such thing as a free lunch, as we've been told. :D:D

or alternatively develop a two stage investment process into international markets.

Step (a) AU$ rises, convert AUD, into US$ cash.
Step (b) wait for correction in US equity markets and then deploy the funds into US quality stocks.

And repeat.

This strategy is working out well for me.

well at least if i dont include BAC, exited, bought back in at 10.7 last week just to be hammered, dear not dollar average into this position yet.

I think a lot of people are worried about nothing,look over night at the US markets,if within the the next week the problems are fixed
which they will be why worry,:),,

Back