Good Accountant

W

WebBoard

Hi, I was wondering if their are any investors from the ACT who know of a good accountant with experience in residential properties. Thanks in advance.

Regards

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hi David

I'm not from the ACT and I am not from Vic either. I would recommend Dale. My gut feeling is someone who gives so much of himself to so many people can't be all that bad.
I don't understand why people want to find an accountant in the same town as them. Hasn't anyone heard of the phone or the internet or an airline ticket??

Just my 2c worth.

Glenys

Reply: 2

David,

It probably depends on your level of experience.

If you are a beginner, there are people who can do a good job.

When you've moved on a little (if you are not a beginner), you will learn a little more about what you want from an accountant. And you will get extra value then- and know that you are getting the value- from more property-experienced accountants.

It also depends on your level of comfort. I know of some accountants whose tax planning is far more aggressive than I am comfortable with. I need a conservative approach for a little while yet (haven been bitten rather badly).

My accountant is very good, but not pro-active. I have a few IPs now, and feel I may be ready soon to more on. But the advice I'm getting now is FAR better that the accountant who, after my first IP purchase, did not even attempt to claim any depreciation.

I will not name names publicly.

Geoff

Reply: 2.1

I will have to admit that it was well worth the travel to meet Dale G-G. I was in between Acct's and watched Dales comments on the forum and was impressed. I travelled down south this year to meet the man and found the visit worth the while. I may not need to visit each year from here but I like to put a face to the name. All I can say is you won't be disappointed.

Enjoy
AD

Stumbling blocks are just stepping stones to the successful.

Reply: 2.1.1

Thanks for all the reply's. My wife and I have only just purchased our first investment property this week. So I would need someone to take us by the hand (so to speak). I have only recently started looking in this forum and am not sure who Dale is, by the sound of it he is very experienced in this area an if I would like to be put in touch with him, so if you could let me know his email address, would be appreciated.

Regards

David

Reply: 2.1.1.1

Try Dale at [email protected]

Regards

Glenn Mott
Help Desk Analyst
Unisys West
40 Frame Court
Leederville WA 6007
Phone: +61 8 9428 2978
<mailto:[email protected]> [email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]>

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, 14 August 2002 7:02 AM
Subject: Good Accountant

Thanks for all the reply's. My wife and I have only just purchased our first
investment property this week. So I would need someone to take us by the
hand (so to speak). I have only recently started looking in this forum and
am not sure who Dale is, by the sound of it he is very experienced in this
area an if I would like to be put in touch with him, so if you could let me
know his email address, would be appreciated.

Regards

David

To reply: mailto:p[email protected]
To start a new topic: mailto:p[email protected]
To login: http://bne003w.webcentral.com.au:80/~wb013

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1

Hi everyone,

I live in Sydney. If I wanted Dale as my accountant can I claim the flight down there on my tax return?

Cheers

andrew

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1

Hi

Travel to see an accountant is a tax deduction regardless of whether you jump in your car and drive 5klms around the block, or, you jump in an aircraft and fly across the country.

Have fun

Dale

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1.1

Hi Dale
To claim that tax deduction, do you need to have the IP's first?
gunna

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Hi Gunna!

No, funny enough, any travel to see any accountant for any tax related reasons are tax deductible.

I have one client who always comes down to see me during Grand Final week, Tennis week, or the Melbourne Cup. Shame abt that, I guess!!

Cheers

Dale

Family Trust Friendly Lenders

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1.2.1

Hi Everyone,

Can any body recommend some Lenders that are friendly to Family Trusts?

I am setting up a Trust, and it has no income yet, but I am planning to
put some cash into the Trust so that it has enough to pay for a deposit
on a cashflow positive property.

Thanks in advance,

Henry

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1.2.1.1

Hi Henry

95 % of lenders will do them no problem

Ta

Rolf

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1.2.1.1.1

On 8/15/02 1:31:00 PM, Rolf Latham wrote:
>95 % of lenders will do them
>no problem
>
>Ta
>
>Rolf

Does this also apply to the hybrid trust setups where the loan is in a personal name and secured by the property in the trust name?

Thanks,
Kim

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1.2.1.1.1.1

I'm also wondering about that. How easy it is to borrow money in your own name secured by property held in a trust? I've recently set up a hybrid trust and next month will be applying for finance in exactly that way. Will most lenders do this without any problems?

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1

Hi Steven

Do you mind dropping me an email? I have a few questions about your hybrid trust.

PaulZag
Dreamspinner
WealthEsteem :: Psychology of the Deal
http://www.wealthesteem.org/

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1.2.1.1.1.1.2

Steven

It depends entirely on what is in your trust deed. Understand that a lender will take on most risks if they can understand what they are in for.

If the trustee has the disgression to mortgage the property and the "ultimate natural person" owners of the trust asset
provide a guarantee then you should be ok.

Alos realise that if that lenders solicitors are not used to that type of structure it will take a little longer to get finance approval.

Ta

Rolf

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Hi Dale

Thanks for the reply. Just the answer that I wanted to hear. Are you in Tahiti (or somewhere just as exotic?

gunna

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Hi Gunna! Hi Rolf!

No, I'm not in Tahiti, however . . . if you would like to subsidise my costs, I'm quite happy to move to Vanuatu or one of the other island tax havens.

I can just imagine doing tax returns under a coconut tree sipping fresh juice and being fanned by a lovely lady.

When does that plane leave?

Have fun guys!

Dale

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1

I've got another question on the purchasing through a hybrid trust.

When you buy a property & obtain finance how is settlement done.
Normally the bank writes a cheque to the seller. But in the hybrid case the banks money is used to buy shares in your trust, then the trust pays for the property. Are the banks comfortable with this. Does the money actually have to be deposited into the trust, cleared and then the trust write a cheque to the seller, or can the bank just write a cheque to the seller and the settlement agent do a book entry to and from the trust.

Regards,
Kim

Back