Good and Bad pockets of Hoppers Crossing

Just putting it out there, is there any good / bad pockets in Hoppers Crossing?

From my Research the no go zone is around the Woodville Park Drive area (from what I have been told it's the rougher part of Hoppers Crossing).

I went for a drive around the area on the weekend and it seems the nicer part of Hoppers is around Barber Drive and Werribee Plaza.

Also Kingston Blvd seems to be the "Toorak" pocket and in a much higher price bracket.

For those that live in the area or know the area, am I on the right track?

Haha TMNT it does seem a bit like that! I don't know the area well but can normally easily find the more desirable pockets. With hoppers it's bloody hard! Surely someone here has property in Hoppers crossing?

On another note you can pick up property here for under $300k. Who says property is unaffordable? Yes it's not Brighton but it's a start to get to where you want to go.

Hi

There are some goods parts of Hoppers and I have done well in a couple of parts...

A really good area to look at is the cambridge estate where cambridge primary school is located.
Streets like Barber Drive, Dowling and Johnson ave are really good streets. The Werribee plaza is getting an expansion :)

Also a really popular area are homes located in Bellbridge estate... Really nice family living area.

Are you looking at a buy and hold property?

Thanks jp. Mainly looking for something run down, renovate, and relist on market. Perhaps hold but not sure of the quality of tenants in HC.

What was your strategy for HC when you had property there?

Also, I thought the bellbridge estate area was dodgy? Could be wrong but going off from what I've been told.

Hi,

Bellbridge is a very popular area!!! talk to local agents in the area...

If you are looking at something rundown you might want to look into the mossill estate the homes are generally older or homes nearby the station.

Own one in the Mossfield estate....bought for 170k in 2006...now looking at about 330-350k...I guess that is ok growth...not fabulous but ok....it will go up as the boom moves out West. I need it to hit 420!

Hi,

Bellbridge is a very popular area!!! talk to local agents in the area...

If you are looking at something rundown you might want to look into the mossill estate the homes are generally older or homes nearby the station.

Back