Good book on Reno's?

Hi All
Is there a standout book on renovating properties? Something the equivalent of Jan Somers investing in property books, or DaleGG's book on trusts.
Would appreciate any suggestions.
Cheers

No I don't know of any books but if you are inexperienced why not offer yourself for a few days as unpaid labour to an experienced renovator(I stipulate experienced as you want to learn correct methods- not blind leading blind type dodgy reno's). Even if you are inexperienced you can stack bricks, mix mortar,clean yards etc etc.In return you would be seing first hand how reno's are achieved. A willing pair of hands and a bit of muscle would be repaid with all sorts of knowledge imparted. I often think this might be a better way to go than paying the reno Kings or whoever for a day of theory--(Would you actually BUY one of their quickie reno's-- ??) The money you save could go into your own property Investments. I expect the owner would have to look at insurance -- maybe his public liability would cover you as a visitor - you would have to clear this up with him(or her- plenty of muscle among the female reno. guns here) In addition you can get specific info from the net for the theory of reno's e.g BetterHomes & Garden s magazine had article on wet areas restoration/showers. Years ago Readers Digest published a great big manual of Do it Yourself-- - was comprehensive-( A fence project of mine was one of the illustrations!) There have been tremendous advances in materials, adhesives etc to make Building so much easier since then- so a cupla days with someone experienced and you would learn much.

Have a look at this book:
"Real Property, Real People, Unreal Profits"
From the Reno Kings

It's not a bad place to start. You get some real example and plenty of practical advice.

Cheers,

Back