Good deal found

I have deposit ready, but I MAY get redundant from my current job in the beginning of next year. (maybe mid of January)

If you want it that bad then just make it happen, sign the contract, put in a finance clause, get your finance approved before mid Jan and after that it all takes care of itself (hopefully!) Get on to your bank or broker (take expensive gifts as it is Christmas time) and get it sorted.

If you want it that bad then just make it happen, sign the contract, put in a finance clause, get your finance approved before mid Jan and after that it all takes care of itself (hopefully!) Get on to your bank or broker (take expensive gifts as it is Christmas time) and get it sorted.

Not that easy. NCCP rules say you can't apply for a loan if you know your financial situation may change. In the OP'S case, if it is written there may be redundancies at their current employment, they would be in breach of the law. I agree it's a grey one.

pinkboy

Not that easy. NCCP rules say you can't apply for a loan if you know your financial situation may change. In the OP'S case, if it is written there may be redundancies at their current employment, they would be in breach of the law. I agree it's a grey one.

pinkboy

What're the implications of such a crime? I imagine if there is a penalty as such it would only be if you defaulted that they would exercise this law?

Cheers

Someone told me JV with some other people, but everyone financial situation is different.... I am not sure how/find someone willing to take this together.

Someone suggests me to get a some fee as "finder fee" to achieve win/win for everyone, which is a good idea, but the time frame is very short.

Maybe the market is not as hot as you think,because with a small % of mental clarity you would not be the only punter looking at this property
so ask yourself the question,"Why" has someone else not jumped on the property as optimistic people take more risks..

Instead of just making a post about nothing, at least tell us the postcode and the price for what it is.
I don't think anyone would be able to find it from that, and even if they could, you seem like you won't be able to buy it anyway.

Out of interest, why did you negotiate a price if you're not ready to buy?

Most agents don't like my low offer at hot market. they laugh and I walk away. However, this agent ask my opinion and I provide my point of view, then find out more story about vendor..... then become offer.........then talking, more talking, then ................ somehow offer got accept it with very strict deadline........

What're the implications of such a crime? I imagine if there is a penalty as such it would only be if you defaulted that they would exercise this law?

Cheers

Naturally. However you could perhaps implicate the broker/accountant/solicitor etc if they all helped you proceed your application knowing such.

I personally don't know the applicable laws, however I would not want to chance being in the position myself. Maybe one of the above named professionals could clarify?

Like I said - it's grey.

pinkboy

That's me !

I found a house, but my finance is not ready hence I can't buy .......:(

You go it the wrong way around and need to have finance, JV partners etc lined up before you go looking ;)

I'm sure you're not the lone ranger though and many brokers have had clients come to them with a great deal but hadn't got things squared away first

I have two questions. You "may" get redundant in January, yet you are in the market researching for a house? I don't know about you but most people in your situation will be sending job applications to get something.

Your low-ball offer got accepted with a tight timeline and you think this is a good deal? Get the contract reviewed, get to know the area. In the current market it is almost impossible to find a really good deal.

I've spoke with the OP, got the address and doesn't seem like a deal if I'm honest. In fact, the listing price is now only $9k over what the OP mentioned he managed to haggle it down to...

Instead of just making a post about nothing, at least tell us the postcode and the price for what it is.
I don't think anyone would be able to find it from that, and even if they could, you seem like you won't be able to buy it anyway.

How true,if it is such a good deal renting should cover all costs associated so without any basic info as spludgey suggests all speculation to us.

Macca446

reading this thread just wasted my time.

Someone that with a signature (i buy houses) and then has no clue how to actually buy

Great Deal which apparently is not one.

I consider myself an amateur/noob etc but this even beats me

Must be a self appointed property guru

I contacted scha9799 and got some vague details and narrowed it down to the house I thought it could be. It didn't seem like a overly good deal to me and he would not give me the actual address without meeting in person (fair enough too if he thought it was a good deal for someone).

Below is my best guess. I was never told the address and supposedly the deal had to be done before Christmas so I have no issue posting what I think it could be now. scha9799 stopped replying to me anyway.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-cambridge+park-118635863

The price was just dropped from offers over $450,000 to over $430,000. Not something I would buy, but the seller seems motivated to sell in a hurry...

I contacted scha9799 and got some vague details and narrowed it down to the house I thought it could be. It didn't seem like a overly good deal to me and he would not give me the actual address without meeting in person (fair enough too if he thought it was a good deal for someone).

Below is my best guess. I was never told the address and supposedly the deal had to be done before Christmas so I have no issue posting what I think it could be now. scha9799 stopped replying to me anyway.

The price was just dropped from offers over $450,000 to over $430,000. Not something I would buy, but the seller seems motivated to sell in a hurry...

Looks decent. But as you mentioned not something I would consider.

I am not sure if that is a good bargain.

You can get decent properties in Hebersham or Blackett with good rental return in the vicinity of 390k. Why would you go all the way to Cambridge park and pay that much?

I am not sure if that is a good bargain.

You can get decent properties in Hebersham or Blackett with good rental return in the vicinity of 390k. Why would you go all the way to Cambridge park and pay that much?

A number of reasons... suburb quality, proximity to amenities and transport, tenant quality. Its not all about raw return.

But in any case, the property above is alarm bells. A 4 bedder with partial granny flat at 450k should have been under contract within 48 hours. The fact that its not and its had a price reduction means its got problems. Its in a good part of the suburb (I own one 2-3 streets away and got a reval on a 3 bedder well above the $430k ask on this one) and should have no trouble selling.

Rent on 4 bedders is circa $420pw so you are sub 5% off the bat, and asbestos roofed garages are not exactly jumping off the shelf to rent as granny flats. It doesnt look 3m off the rear boundary either.

Back