Good guys kitchen and recommended trades (Berwick area)

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with Good Guys kitchens? Apparently they do "The Block" kitchens. We got a quote and seems competitive, although it's a plus/plus/plus quote (plus trades, plus removal, etc.)

Also, looking for recommended trades in the Berwick area:
* Plasterer
* Electrician
* Plumber
* Painter

Thanks!

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with Good Guys kitchens? Apparently they do "The Block" kitchens. We got a quote and seems competitive, although it's a plus/plus/plus quote (plus trades, plus removal, etc.)

* Plasterer
* Electrician
* Plumber
* Painter

Thanks!

plus,plus,plus .leaves you wide open to be ripped apart financially ,if they are any good then they can give you a firm price for the complete job or even estimate the final price to within a few hundred dollars .
run away !!!!!!!!!!!!!

plus,plus,plus .leaves you wide open to be ripped apart financially ,if they are any good then they can give you a firm price for the complete job or even estimate the final price to within a few hundred dollars .
run away !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hence why we are going to organise our own trades. And do a bit myself such as removal.

We got a quote a couple months back and we're happy with their service and quality of materials.. Not so happy with the price. Including a 20% discount it was still way higher than a cabinet maker that came recommended..
Are they still running the 20% discount? I think it was to end when the new season of the block started..

We got a quote a couple months back and we're happy with their service and quality of materials.. Not so happy with the price. Including a 20% discount it was still way higher than a cabinet maker that came recommended..
Are they still running the 20% discount? I think it was to end when the new season of the block started..

Yep, 20% discount.

Where have you been the last 18mths? :confused:

pinkboy

I have been distracted with some "self-improvement" - trying to learn a 2nd language, which I spend a couple of hours every night doing. Have been lurking again for the last couple of months, but now we have this reno about to go ahead. Surprised you noticed :D

* Plasterer
* Electrician
* Plumber
* Painter

Thanks!

Highly recommend getting a comparable quote from Hallam Kitchens, in Hallam. They're a small father & son outfit with a few guys working for them. No flash showroom, or sales people to bump up prices. They've done 2 Kitchens (and a laundry) for us now, and were originally recommended by a friend who has used them for various projects in their own 3 properties.

Service Central can be a good start when looking for trades. You can post your job and check the reviews on the businesses that reply. We will only consider giving a job to someone though if they take the time to come out and have a look first, plus I like to meet them first in person.

Nick from NK Plumbing & Gasfitting - 0426 269 058 He's done many jobs for us in Lynbrook & Frankston.

I'll ask hubby in the morning for a recommendation on an Electrician and get back to you. (Hubby works for HPMLegrand and deals with Electricians all the time).
***He said the 2 he would be happy to do work for us are Michael from Pidz Electrics or Dean from Zapped Electrical (both from Casey area).

Last edited:
Thanks.

Have found a good 'leccy based on recommendation from property mgr: walford electrics.

Plumber/gasfitter: Greg Ware (don't know business name)

We are locked into kitchen... (wifey signed! :eek: It is her house after all)

Plasterer/Painter: Mick's Plastering and Painting - don't know about quality yet, but he has been good to deal with to date.

Combination of: oneflare.com, hipages.com and property mgr.

Back