Good property manager - Caboolture

Hi team,

Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct forum - if not sorry! I'm looking for recommendations for a new property manager for 2 properties in Caboolture. My current one is useless and looking to change in the near future. I will do my own DD but some suggestions would be fantastic.

Cheers,

FrankG

we use Steve Hay and are really happy with them. Been with them for 2 years now and I only have good to say about them. Ask for Michelle:)

I'm after same thing

Hi Frank,

I am doing exactly the same thing.

I am looking at getting 4 dwellings managed in caboolture within the next couple of weeks.

I would also be interested in guys that have had properties managed in this area to give some advice.

I can't believe there are that many agents in Caboolture.

I have put together a bit of detail in a spreadsheet regarding negotiations and discussions with about 10 agents in the last week. Commissions range from 5.5% to 9%.

Let me know if you want access to it, and I could show you my DD.

Maybe by going in together (so to speak), we could negotitate a reduced commission.

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,

Hi team,

Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct forum - if not sorry! I'm looking for recommendations for a new property manager for 2 properties in Caboolture. My current one is useless and looking to change in the near future. I will do my own DD but some suggestions would be fantastic.

Cheers,

FrankG

How did you get on Frank?

I reviewed quite a few, and ended up going with PRD Nationwide.

I have seen the PM a number of times, and so far, seems very competant.

Time will tell.

Cheers,

F

I am in the process of changing over to Steve Hay RE Caboolture as recommended to me on here.

Problem is my existing management company want to enforce the 90 day notice to quit. :(

Any way around this? 90 days? They are kidding.

**I know, i know, its probably in my agreement but i barely read those crap things.

I am in the process of changing over to Steve Hay RE Caboolture as recommended to me on here.

Problem is my existing management company want to enforce the 90 day notice to quit. :(

**I know, i know, its probably in my agreement but i barely read those crap things.

Haven't got the details at hand, but I am pretty sure when I did this to a previous one of mine, the new agent told me that the existing agent wants the 90 day notice period.

The new agent said to me no problem, but did the transaction and paperwork straghit away.

This resulted in me getting better property management from the new agent straight away, and the new agent actually paid the property management fees to the old agent up to the 90 days.

On the 91st day, the new management company then was entitled to the management fee.

This worked out great. Maybe the agent at the time of negotiations thought that if I get his business long term, then that we be better to do the swap straight away and pay the original management company for the last 3 months.

Worked out well.

Cheers,

F

post note: I looked at using steve hay real estate, and also viewed another property they were selling from one of the sales agents. Seemed OK, but their staff (the ones I saw however, were quite young.

I have got a spreadsheet of estate agent summaries if you are interested. It compares around 9 different PMs in the area. Fees range from 5% (+GST) to 8.5% (+GST). PM me if interested and I will find it and send it through.

Last edited:
I realise this post is a little dated (began in 2009) but wanted to both add my bob's worth to the discussion on PMs at Caboolture. We have been very disappointed with LJ Hooker at Caboolture (mostly related to poor communication, even poorer treatment of great tenants and a failure to maintain our anonymity) and also to ask if Fudge might still have that spreadsheet on various PMs at Caboolture? I'd love to compare it to my own notes on local PMs. We are looking to move from LJH as soon as possible. A pity pure rentals don't operate that far to the north of Brisbane. All I've heard about them seems spot on.
Regards,
MH

I can recommend Tracey Shew from QPS Investment Group. Only do rentals and she is very experienced and excellent at her job. PM me for her number.

Caboolture Property Manager

I can recommend Atlas Property Solutions who manage my property in Caboolture, they provide an excellent service at a good price and are very good to deal with. They had no difficulty securing a tenant when another company had little interest in doing so. Contact Tina Fender http://www.atlasproperty.com.au/

Cheers,
Pug

Amazing when you here how someone has a great experience when others have terrible experience with the same people.
my worst ever experience in my 13 years of investing was with Steve Hay. He cost me a lot of money, with a PPR and an investment.

Amazing when you here how someone has a great experience when others have terrible experience with the same people.
my worst ever experience in my 13 years of investing was with Steve Hay. He cost me a lot of money, with a PPR and an investment.

I have found the same thing with other agents in general. It depends on the expectations of the person, their involvement, any issues that have to be dealt with etc. For someone who says they have never had a problem it could be because the agent never visits the house or finds fault with tenant, and because the owner never hears of any problem they assume everything is ok and the agent is doing a good job. Reputations also tend to linger long after the service level has dropped, until an issue causes question.

Back