Good property manager west of Melbourne?

Dear all, I recently went unconditional on my first IP, all that is left is just to wait for settlement now. I'm just wondering if anyone could recommend a good property manager operating in the suburbs west of Melbourne?

Is it possible to advertise the for-rent listing prior to settlement? The vendor's REA responsible for the property sale tries to get the property management business by offering to do this.

Dear all, I recently went unconditional on my first IP, all that is left is just to wait for settlement now. I'm just wondering if anyone could recommend a good property manager operating in the suburbs west of Melbourne?

You mean like in Adelaide? Uh... sorry couldn't help it.... :D

The Y-man

Lil Skater from this forum is a PM in Melb. Not sure if she services that location but worth checking.

Cheers

Jamie

You mean like in Adelaide? Uh... sorry couldn't help it.... :D

The Y-man

No, actually Perth!

Anyway, jokes aside, I meant around Sunshine area.

Can anyone answer if being able to advertise for-rent prior to settlement a good reason to take up the REA's offer? They charge around 5.5 - 6% (not negotiated yet)

No, actually Perth!

Anyway, jokes aside, I meant around Sunshine area.

Can anyone answer if being able to advertise for-rent prior to settlement a good reason to take up the REA's offer? They charge around 5.5 - 6% (not negotiated yet)

I don't see why another agent couldn't advertise the property for rent prior to settlement either. The REA is just trying to convince you to use them and they will often say things like that or that it will be easier as they already have the keys, know the property, etc.

You can't have inspections prior to settlement (unless the vendor agreed to this) but this is still the case with the existing agent. You should do your own research and choose who you think is the best PM.

I use Burnham's real estate to manage an IP that I have in the inner west. Been with them since the start of the year and have had no issues with them. They've also been very quick to respond to queries.

Also recently purchased an IP interstate and decided to go with another property manager other than the selling agency. I was able to use the selling campaign photos to advertise online a few weeks before settlement and also arrange for open for inspections. It helped that the property was vacant and we got permission from the vendor.

I use Burnham's real estate to manage an IP that I have in the inner west. Been with them since the start of the year and have had no issues with them. They've also been very quick to respond to queries.

Also recently purchased an IP interstate and decided to go with another property manager other than the selling agency. I was able to use the selling campaign photos to advertise online a few weeks before settlement and also arrange for open for inspections. It helped that the property was vacant and we got permission from the vendor.

I hope it's not the Burnham Deer Park because they are shocking!

I've been dealing with their Footscray branch

That's great to hear. Any particular staff there that you would recommend? (Ie. your PM)

For everyone else, any more suggestions for good PM near Sunshine would be appreciated :) This is an exciting first step for me

Back